A Pakistani court today dismissed a petition seeking the registration of a case against cricketer Shoaib Malik and Indian tennis star Sania Mirza for the alleged violation of several rules during a reception in Sialkot to celebrate their wedding.
A man named Sheikh Hasan Sheraz had alleged in a petition filed in the Lahore High Court that a ban on serving more than one dish at a wedding function had been violated during the reception held on April 25 in the cricketer’s hometown of Sialkot.
He also alleged the organisers of the event violated regulations restricting the use of electricity at such functions.
Lahore High Court Chief Justice Khwaja Muhammad Sharif dismissed the petition after Sheraz was unable to produce evidence to back up his allegations.
Sheraz had also requested the court to order the couple and the administration of a five-star hotel in Lahore to conduct Shoaib's 'walima' today in accordance with the law.
He had also sought legal proceedings against federal Population Welfare Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan for her move to get Sania declared an ambassador of Pakistan's population control programmes even though she is an Indian citizen.
Pak Court Dismisses Petition Against Shoaib And Sania
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test: Rahane, Bumrah Star As India Hammer West Indies By 318 Runs
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In France For G7 Summit, Will Speak On Global Issues
- Rahul Gandhi Shares Video Of Srinagar Visit, Attacks 'Draconian Administration' Of Jammu And Kashmir
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- 3rd Test: Ashes On Fire As ENG Level Series
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India