World's most wanted terrorist, Osama bin Laden today warned that Al-Qaeda will kill American soldiers if the self-confessed mastermind of the 9/11 attacks Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is executed.
"The day America will take such decision [to execute Khalid Mohamed and any others] it would have taken a decision to execute whoever we capture," Bin Laden said in the latest audio record, broadcast on Al-Jazeera.
He also said that US president Barack Obama was "following the footsteps of his predecessor", a reference to George Bush, the former US president.
"The politicians in the White House were practicing injustice against us and still they are. Especially by supporting Israel in its continuous occupation of Palestine.
"They used to think that America across the oceans is protected from the rage of the oppressed until our reaction was loudly heard at your home on the 9/11 with God’s help," he said in the recording.
Osama's threat comes as Obama administration has announced it would try Khalid Mohammed and four other accused at a New York courthouse just steps from where the World Trade Centre once stood.
Sheikh Mohammed and the other accused are detained at Guantanamo as they await trial over the September 11, 2001 attacks that killed close to 3,000 people, most in New York.
Osama bin Laden's last audio recording was released on January 24, earlier this year in which he claimed responsibility for alleged attempted attack on an airliner on Christmas Day and vowed there would be further attacks on the US unless Obama took steps to resolves the Palestinian situation.
Osama Threatens US If 9/11 Mastermind is Executed
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- At NDA Meet, PM Narendra Modi Expresses Concern Over 'Needless Controversy' On EVMs
- In Parts Of Odisha, Cylone Fani-Affected People Forced To Repay Loans, Restoration Work Yet To Begin
- ISRO Successfully Launches Satellite RISAT-2B; It Can Take Pictures Under 'Cloudy Conditions'
- 22 Opposition Parties Move Election Commission Over Reports Of EVM Tampering
- CWC 2019: Ravi Shastri Hails 'Fantastic' Communication between Virat Kohli And MS Dhoni
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh, 10 Others Killed By Suspected Militants In Tirap
- 'Will Even Take Up Arms To Protect Our Vote Against Rigging:' Upendra Kushwaha On EVM Tampering Row
- Dissent In Model Code Violation Cases Will Not Be Made Public, says EC
- Madhya Pradesh Govt May Reopen Murder Case Involving Pragya Singh Thakur
- No Restriction On Civilian Movement On Jammu-Srinagar Highway From May 27
- Karnataka Congress Leader Appeals Muslims To 'Join Hands' With BJP If Need Arises
- Saradha Case: SC Rejects Former Kolkata Top Cop Rajeev Kumar's Plea
- Anil Ambani's Reliance To Withdraw Rs 5,000-Crore Defamation Suit Against Congress Leaders