World's most wanted terrorist, Osama bin Laden today warned that Al-Qaeda will kill American soldiers if the self-confessed mastermind of the 9/11 attacks Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is executed.
"The day America will take such decision [to execute Khalid Mohamed and any others] it would have taken a decision to execute whoever we capture," Bin Laden said in the latest audio record, broadcast on Al-Jazeera.
He also said that US president Barack Obama was "following the footsteps of his predecessor", a reference to George Bush, the former US president.
"The politicians in the White House were practicing injustice against us and still they are. Especially by supporting Israel in its continuous occupation of Palestine.
"They used to think that America across the oceans is protected from the rage of the oppressed until our reaction was loudly heard at your home on the 9/11 with God’s help," he said in the recording.
Osama's threat comes as Obama administration has announced it would try Khalid Mohammed and four other accused at a New York courthouse just steps from where the World Trade Centre once stood.
Sheikh Mohammed and the other accused are detained at Guantanamo as they await trial over the September 11, 2001 attacks that killed close to 3,000 people, most in New York.
Osama bin Laden's last audio recording was released on January 24, earlier this year in which he claimed responsibility for alleged attempted attack on an airliner on Christmas Day and vowed there would be further attacks on the US unless Obama took steps to resolves the Palestinian situation.
Osama Threatens US If 9/11 Mastermind is Executed
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test, Day 4 LIVE: Bumrah Removes Brathwaite; Target - 419
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In France For G7 Summit, Will Speak On Global Issues
- Rahul Gandhi Shares Video Of Srinagar Visit, Attacks 'Draconian Administration' Of Jammu And Kashmir
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- 3rd Test: Ashes On Fire As ENG Level Series
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India