Former Union Minister and Ex-Olympian Aslam Sher Khan today said the decision of Dow Chemicals to remove its logo from the stadium for the London Olympics was the first victory of those protesting against its association with the Games.
"The victory has come about as a result of opposition to Dow Chemicals from the people of Bhopal in general and gas victims in particular," the former Olympian told PTI.
Aslam said he had written a letter on the issue to the Congress President and the UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and also sent copies of it to all members of the Congress Working Committee.
He said may be it was for the first time that the British government had bowed down to the pressure from people in India.
Aslam also said he would study all that can be done further in the matter.
Olympics: 'Dow's Logo Removal Victory for Gas Victims'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Global Cases Soar To 510,000; Death Toll Crosses 22,000
- Working Together With G20 Countries Against Coronavirus Pandemic: Trump
- Coronavirus: With 88 New Infections, Cases In India Rise To 694; Death Toll Reaches 16
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack: A Pakistani Attempt To Rupture Strong Indo-Afghan Ties
- Coronavirus Pandemic Raises Serious Questions About China's Conduct
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Athletes Qualified For 2020 Olympics Will Keep 2021 Spots – REPORT
- UP Cops Make People Hop With Bags During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus: India Extends Ban On International Flights Till April 14
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of COVID-19 Test Kits
- Panic-Buying Can Lead To Lack Of Essential Items During Lockdown
- Coronavirus: A James Bond-Inspired Mobile App Helping TN Authorities
- Rs 50 Lakh Insurance Cover For Doctors, Healthcare Workers Fighting COVID-19
- Ronaldo Criticised For 'Taking Pictures By The Pool' During Pandemic