Former Union Minister and Ex-Olympian Aslam Sher Khan today said the decision of Dow Chemicals to remove its logo from the stadium for the London Olympics was the first victory of those protesting against its association with the Games.
"The victory has come about as a result of opposition to Dow Chemicals from the people of Bhopal in general and gas victims in particular," the former Olympian told PTI.
Aslam said he had written a letter on the issue to the Congress President and the UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and also sent copies of it to all members of the Congress Working Committee.
He said may be it was for the first time that the British government had bowed down to the pressure from people in India.
Aslam also said he would study all that can be done further in the matter.
Olympics: 'Dow's Logo Removal Victory for Gas Victims'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%: Governor Shaktikanta Das
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- 13-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped In Greater Noida, 3 Detained
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready For Sasikala's Release, Says Lawyer
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Donald Trump ‘Safe’ To Return To Public Life: Doctors
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA