Bollywood actor Vivek Oberoi today paid tributes to slain TDP MLA Paritala Ravi, whose character he essays in Ramgopal Varma's recently released movie, Rakta Charitra.
Oberoi paid homage at Paritala Ravi ghat at Venkatapuram village in the district.
He met Ravi's wife and TDP MLA Paritala Sunita and had lunch with her. He praised the Rayalaseema delicacies served for lunch.
The actor arrived in Anantapur district from Bangalore to a warm welcome from the supporters of Paritala Ravi.
Reading out a few lines in Telugu, Oberoi said he came to Anantapur district to offer homage to Ravi.
"I consider it my privilege to play the character of Ravi. I am at loss of words to explain my happiness over the response the character is getting. It is a very very special experience for me. I am thankful to all of you," he said.
Sunita said the actor expressed willingness to help in fulfilling the Ravi's wishes to build schools in the region.
"He (Vivek Oberoi) went to a temple which was built by Ravi for conducting mass marriages. He asked me if Ravi had any other wishes in the service of the people. When we told him that Ravi wanted to build schools, he said he is ready to offer his help for the purpose," she said.
Oberoi Pays Homage to Slain TDP MLA Paritala Ravi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh