Nagaland Peoples Front Legislature Party (NPFLP), which swept back to power in assembly polls, will elect chief minister Neiphiu Rio as its leader and along with alliance partners BJP and JD(U) approach Governor Nikhil Kumar by tomorrow to form the next government in the state.
Rio, who would be the chief minister for the third consecutive term, addressing a press conference at the NPF central office here this evening thanking the people of the state for reposing the faith in
NPF-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN).
NPF stormed back to back to power winning absolute majority in the 60-member assembly by securing a total 37 out of 60 seats in the assembly.
“The mandate given by the people is a vote for peace, development and stability,” he said adding the people had given their verdict trusting the collective leadership of NPF and it proved that the party is here to stay.
Rio said the Naga political issue had topped the NPF agenda and assured that the party would continue to work as a facilitator and work to bring an honourable and acceptable solution to the problem.
"We will not waver from our venture ... We will continue to collectively work in the greater interest of all sections of the Naga people.”
Rio said NPF would give emphasis on youth and women empowerment as well as development of road and other infrastructure, he said.
Asked if NPF would continue its pre-poll alliance with BJP and JD(U), which had only won one seat each, he answered in the affirmative.
"NPF will continue to uphold the alliance spirit and will not hesitate to give them
(BJP and JD(U)) berths in the cabinet", he added.
To questions on alliance with independents and NCP who made it to the assembly today, he said "we are willing to accept like-minded people in the treasury bench.”
NPFLP to Elect Rio As Leader, Will Meet Governor On Mar 1
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay High Court Grants Her Bail
- KKR Vs CSK: Kolkata Choke Chennai After Tripathi's 81
- Pro Pros And Cons: Publicists Face The Music As Drugs Scandal Hits Bollywood
- Aatma Nirbhar Bharat: A Salad Bowl Of Many Healthy Ideas, Some Of Them Incompatible
- The SSR Mega Serial: How TV Media Put Original Family Dramas To Shame
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Jadeja, Faf Pull Off Most Stunning Catch
- FIR Against Sachin Pilot's Media Manager For Reporting 'Phone Tapping'
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In The TMC
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Rafa On Attack, Says It's The Only Way