After Vasant Sathe, another senior Congress leader today made a strong pitch for Priyanka Vadra to take the "centre stage" in party affairs because she has "greater mass appeal" than Rahul Gandhi.
"Priyanka is there in politics. She is taking care of the constituencies of her mother and brother. Why should she not take the centre stage because she has greater mass appeal?", wondered former Union Minister C K Jaffer Sharief.
Sharief (77), who like Sathe (86) was a strong loyalist of the late Indira Gandhi, shares his view that that Priyanka is the one who has more mass appeal as compared to Rahul.
The leader from Karnataka said that he "entirely endorsed" Sathe's plea that Priyanaka should play a more active role to help the party get back to power on its own in the 2014 elections by discarding the "crutches".
Jaffer Sharief said the Congress' all the three in the Congress' "first family"-- Sonia Gandhi, Rahul and Priyanka--can work together as a team and "if you have mass appeal, you don't need allies."
Noting that "no other leader has greater acceptability than them", he wanted both the children to help their mother in her task as the "country is large".
There is need for "more dynamic and charismatic" leaders for the organisation at the present juncture, he said.
Now It's Jaffer Sharief Batting for Priyanka
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 22 Opposition Parties Move Election Commission Over Reports Of EVM Tampering
- EC Must Put All Speculations To Rest: Pranab Mukherjee On EVM Tampering Row
- Modi Meets Union Council Of Ministers To Thank Them For 'Service To Nation'
- CWC 2019, India's Pre-Departure Presser: Kohli Says Any Team Can Upset Any Side On Their Day
- 'Accept Defeat With Grace': BJP Slams Opposition Over EVM Tampering Claims
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Oppn Parties To Meet Election Commission Today Over VVPAT Verification
- 'Will Even Take Up Arms To Protect Our Vote Against Rigging:' Upendra Kushwaha On EVM Tampering Row
- Dissent In Model Code Violation Cases Will Not Be Made Public, says EC
- Madhya Pradesh Govt May Reopen Murder Case Involving Pragya Singh Thakur
- SC Dismisses PIL Seeking 100% Matching Of VVPAT Slips With EVMs
- Karnataka Congress Leader Appeals Muslims To 'Join Hands' With BJP If Need Arises
- Saradha Case: SC Rejects Former Kolkata Top Cop Rajeev Kumar's Plea
- 'Who Taught You Pathological Obsessive Lying Skills': BJP MP Rajeev Chandrasekhar On Rahul's Tribute To His Father