After Vasant Sathe, another senior Congress leader today made a strong pitch for Priyanka Vadra to take the "centre stage" in party affairs because she has "greater mass appeal" than Rahul Gandhi.
"Priyanka is there in politics. She is taking care of the constituencies of her mother and brother. Why should she not take the centre stage because she has greater mass appeal?", wondered former Union Minister C K Jaffer Sharief.
Sharief (77), who like Sathe (86) was a strong loyalist of the late Indira Gandhi, shares his view that that Priyanka is the one who has more mass appeal as compared to Rahul.
The leader from Karnataka said that he "entirely endorsed" Sathe's plea that Priyanaka should play a more active role to help the party get back to power on its own in the 2014 elections by discarding the "crutches".
Jaffer Sharief said the Congress' all the three in the Congress' "first family"-- Sonia Gandhi, Rahul and Priyanka--can work together as a team and "if you have mass appeal, you don't need allies."
Noting that "no other leader has greater acceptability than them", he wanted both the children to help their mother in her task as the "country is large".
There is need for "more dynamic and charismatic" leaders for the organisation at the present juncture, he said.
Now It's Jaffer Sharief Batting for Priyanka
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%: Governor Shaktikanta Das
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- 13-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped In Greater Noida, 3 Detained
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready For Sasikala's Release, Says Lawyer
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Donald Trump ‘Safe’ To Return To Public Life: Doctors
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA