After Vasant Sathe, another senior Congress leader today made a strong pitch for Priyanka Vadra to take the "centre stage" in party affairs because she has "greater mass appeal" than Rahul Gandhi.
"Priyanka is there in politics. She is taking care of the constituencies of her mother and brother. Why should she not take the centre stage because she has greater mass appeal?", wondered former Union Minister C K Jaffer Sharief.
Sharief (77), who like Sathe (86) was a strong loyalist of the late Indira Gandhi, shares his view that that Priyanka is the one who has more mass appeal as compared to Rahul.
The leader from Karnataka said that he "entirely endorsed" Sathe's plea that Priyanaka should play a more active role to help the party get back to power on its own in the 2014 elections by discarding the "crutches".
Jaffer Sharief said the Congress' all the three in the Congress' "first family"-- Sonia Gandhi, Rahul and Priyanka--can work together as a team and "if you have mass appeal, you don't need allies."
Noting that "no other leader has greater acceptability than them", he wanted both the children to help their mother in her task as the "country is large".
There is need for "more dynamic and charismatic" leaders for the organisation at the present juncture, he said.
Now It's Jaffer Sharief Batting for Priyanka
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test, Day 4 LIVE: Pant Departs; India's Lead Past 400
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In France For G7 Summit, Will Speak On Global Issues
- Rahul Gandhi Shares Video Of Srinagar Visit, Attacks 'Draconian Administration' Of Jammu And Kashmir
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- Stokes Sets Ashes On Fire As ENG Level Series
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India