Former Selection Committee chairman Kris Srikkanth, who has been accused of shielding Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni despite poor performances, today hit back saying that it is not right to rake up issues discussed in the panel meetings.
Former selector Mohinder Amarnath has opened a pandora's box by stating that three selectors out of the five-member panel wanted Dhoni to be sacked but they were overruled by BCCI President N
Srikkanth, who headed the panel which persisted with Dhoni as captain despite the whitewash in England, today said that it was not appropriate to reveal the details of committee meetings.
"I have always maintained that whatever happens in the selection committee meetings should remain within the four walls. It is not right for me or anyone to come out and say what exactly happened," Srikkanth told reporters here.
"It's just like a company's Board meetings where lot of discussions happen about what to do and what not to do for the company's growth. But nobody comes out in public and tells what (has) happened," he said.
Refusing to give pointed reactions to the allegations made by Amarnath, Srikkanth said, "We discuss a lot of issues in the selection committee meetings, captaincy of Dhoni or X,Y,Z always come up in the meetings.
"We always have detailed discussion on captaincy issues, ex-players, team combination. But at the end of the day it is always consensus," he added.
Srikkanth said the focus should be diverted from the controversies to ensure that the team, which is currently playing to save the series against England, is not distracted.
"We should just move on. Yes, Indian cricket is going through tough times and let's hope we do well in the Nagpur Test match and revive," he said.
Not Right to Reveal Details of Selection Meetings: Srikkanth
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test, Day 4 LIVE: Rahane Departs; India's Lead Nears 400
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In France For G7 Summit, Will Speak On Global Issues
- Rahul Gandhi Shares Video Of Srinagar Visit, Attacks 'Draconian Administration' Of Jammu And Kashmir
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- Stokes Sets Ashes On Fire As ENG Level Series
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India