With allegations of involvement of some ruling Trinamool Congress leaders in the Saradha Group which allegedly duped thousands of investors, a senior West Bengal minister today said none would be spared irrespective of political affiliations.
"We want a bold inquiry. None involved will be spared, no matter whichever party they may belong to," Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee told reporters here when asked about the alleged involvement of some TMC leaders.
"There are 73 chitfund companies operating in West Bengal. But they began flourishing under the previous Left Front government,"
Chatterjee, TMC secretary-general, said.
"Those protesting on the streets and creating chaos are the ones during whose regime Saradha flourished," he alleged.
He said a stringent law would be passed in the assembly against the illegal activities of chitfund companies.
Chatterjee said the state government was requesting the Centre to send back a 'flawed' bill on chitfunds forwarded by the previous Left Front government in 2009.
The state government has already announced a two-pronged probe by a special investigation team under the Director General of Police and an inquiry commission under Justice
(retd) Shyamal Sen to investigate the Saradha Group and other such companies.
None Will be Spared: Partha Chatterjee on Chit Fund Scam
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Govt Vigilant In Safeguarding Every Inch Of India's Land: Amit Shah On India-China Standoff
- 'Kah-Mah-Lah', Rival Senator Taunts Kamala Harris; Her Supporters Launch Online Campaign #MyNameIs
- Sabarimala Opening May Further Stress Healthcare System: Kerala Health Minister
- Heavy Overnight Downpour In Hyderabad Leaves Many Areas Flooded
- CSK Skipper MS Dhoni Says He Ran Out Of Bowling Options Vs Delhi Capitals
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Why Cricket's Superman And RCB Superstar AB De Villiers Is Human Too
- Press, Trust And India: Govt Mulls Its Own News Service
- DDLJ Turns 25: Love In Tulip Gardens Of Europe, And Mustard Fields Of Punjab
- PM Reviews Vaccine Delivery Plan, Seeks 'Speedy Access'
- Gupkar Alliance Needs Clear Roadmap, Say Kashmir Parties
- Hathras Rape: Victim's Family Wants To Shift To Delhi For Security Reasons
- Editors Guild Of India Gets Its First Elected President
- Everton 2-2 Liverpool: Henderson Winner Denied By VAR In Frantic Derby