A local court has issued a non-bailable warrant of arrest against film actor and Congress nominee Shekhar Suman in a case charging him with violating the model code of conduct for elections in 2009.
Judicial Magistrate Ashutosh Khetan ordered issue of NBW on November 10 against Suman, who had unsuccessfully contested the Lok Sabha poll on a Congress ticket from Patna Saheb against BJP leader and cine star Shatrughan Sinha in 2009.
The NBW was issued following Suman's failure to appear in court in the case registered at Pirbahore police station here on April 25, 2009.
The police have submitted the chargesheet in the case on May 21, 2009 under sections 188 and 187(F) of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The film actor was charged with taking out a procession in the Sabjibagh area during campaign without prior permission from the Patna District authorities.
The court had summoned Suman for explaining his position, but he failed to comply.
The court then issued a bailable warrant of arrest against Suman, but he did not not obey the directive.
The case will be taken up for hearing on December 18.
Non Bailable Warrant Issued Against Shekhar Suman
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- 'Have Lost Courage’: YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Alarmed By Deaths Of Teachers In AMU, VC Urges ICMR To Study Covid Variant
- As India Battles The Virus, Let Us Not Weaken National Resolve
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Sisodia Says ‘Heinous Crime To Export Vaccine When People Dying In India'
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- AFC Cup: Bengaluru FC's Play-off Postponed After COVID Protocol Breach
- T20 World Cup Could Be Postponed Or Shifted From India: Ian Chappell