Nobel Peace Laureate Archbishop Desmond Tutu will be visiting Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama here tomorrow.
This was confirmed by the Press Officer of the Tibetan Government in Exile at Dharamsala.
Both the leaders were scheduled to meet in October last in South Africa when Tutu invited the Dalai Lama to attend his 80th birthday celebrations in Cape Town.
The temporal head of Tibetans had to call off his trip at the eleventh hour after repeated visa delays.
Archbishop Tutu had earlier reacting to his government's attitude said, "Our government is worse than the apartheid government because at least you would expect it with the apartheid government".
The Western Cape High Court had dismissed an application on the Dalai Lama's visa, claiming that it was too late to fix the past.
Subsequently an application was filed in the High Court for an order declaring Home Affairs Minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma's handling of the matter unlawful and forcing her to treat future applications by the Dalai Lama fairly.
IFP leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi has invited the Dalai Lama to visit him in 2012.
Archbishop Tutu is currently on a five-day visit to India as part of The Elders, a group of independent global leaders brought together by former South African president Nelson Mandela in 2007 to create awareness on an initiative "Girls Not Brides" a global partnership to end child marriage.
Nobel Peace Laureate Tutu to Meet Dalai Lama
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Bihar: Corpses Of Suspected Covid-19 Victims Found Floating In Ganga River
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Users Who Don’t Accept New Privacy Terms Won’t Be Able To Receive Calls: WhatsApp
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine