The RSS today claimed that there was no rap for its chief Mohan Bhagwat from the Supreme Court on his reported comments that the head of Maharashtra ATS Hemant Karkare had told him that he was under pressure to implicate Sangh activists in several cases of bomb blasts.
In a statement, RSS leader Manmohan Vaidya said that reports in certain sections of the media to this effect was "a totally false and baseless propaganda".
"During the hearings in Supreme Court there was not even a mention of the name of RSS Sarsanghchalak Dr Mohanrao Bhagwatji," he said.
However, on Wednesday Additional Solicitor General Harin Rawal had told a Bench of Justices H L Dattu and Anil R. Dave about Bhagwat's interview to national daily in which Karkare was quoted as having told the RSS chief that "...He was under pressure to implicate right-wing outfits".
Justice Dattu had told Rawal that the Bench had not come across the news item.
No SC Rap for Bhagwat: RSS
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- LJP Leader Ram Vilas Paswan Passes Away At The Age Of 74
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Spins Hyderabad To Big Win After Warner-Bairstow Show
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- 13-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped In Greater Noida, 3 Detained
- Hathras Case: Accused Claims Victim's Family Was 'Against Our Friendship'
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Bihar Elections: Owaisi, Kushwaha Float New Front Of Six Parties
- Rashid Reflects On Scoreboard Pressure