Congress General Secretary, Digvijay Singh said today that there was no question of his retracting or going back on his recent statement on slain Maharashtra police ATS chief, Hemant Karkare receiving threats to his life from Hindu terrorists.
"I continue to stand by what I said and I do not think that there is any question of my retracting it or going back on it," Singh told PTI.
The Congress General Secretary said that he had made the remarks on Karkare receiving threats at a function for the release of a book in New Delhi.
He said that according to him, he "had not made the remarks out of turn or out of context."
"It was strange when people like L K Advani go and meet Pragya Thakur, nothing is said but when I go to meet someone, I'm branded as anti-national or pro-Muslim," Digvijay said.
Asked if Congress President Sonia Gandhi or party General Secretary Rahul Gandhi had asked him about his remarks on Karkare, Singh replied, "I am glad that I enjoy their blessings."
No Question of Retracting on Karkare Statement: Digvijay
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Natural, Not Engineered, Says New York-based Genomics Expert
- As All Domestic & International Flights Are Grounded, Here's What Happens To Your Air Ticket
- 'Battle For Life And Death,' Says PM Narendra Modi On 'Mann Ki Baat,'
- Coronavirus Live Updates: 7th Death Reported In Maharashtra; BSF Jawan Tests Positive In MP
- What India Has Now Is A Clone Emergency: Just Ask The Police
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- 55-yr-old Man From Kashmir Dies Due To COVID-19; UT Has 33 Cases
- Hockey Coach Reid Says Quarantine Has Been A Blessing in Disguise
- FIR Against AAP MLA For Making 'Objectionable' Remark Against UP CM
- What India Could Have Done To Better Handle The Deadly Coronavirus
- Nawanshahr, Punjab's 'NRI Belt', Has Half Of State's Total Covid-19 Cases
- Amid COVID-19 Scare, 1000s Queue At Delhi Bus Terminals To Leave
- Tokyo Olympics Organisers Consider July 2021 For Opening Ceremony
- ICC Hails Joginder Sharma For Contribution In Fight Against COVID-19