Congress today rejected the demand for an inquiry into Robert Vadra's land dealings suggesting the action taken by Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka on a land deal involving the son-in law of Sonia Gandhi was an afterthought.
Dismissing the charges against Vadra as "absolutely baseless", party spokesperson Rashid Alvi said "no inquiry is needed. No inquiry is necessary. I outrightly reject this".
He said this to a question whether Congress favoured a comprehensive probe in the matter as serious questions have been raised by the IAS officer on Vadra's land deal.
Alvi said if at all any inquiry has to be conducted or any action has to be taken, then it should be on the basis of any complaint filed before the government of India or any appropriate agency.
"All of us appreciate that the officer was transferred on October 11. And he took a decision on this piece of land (of Vadra) on October 12 and 15. Hence, his transfer has nothing to do with this land. How can you relate his transfer to this particular land issue"?
Noting that according to media reports, Khemka was transferred nearly forty times, he wondered why nobody questioned the reason behind his transfer on earlier occasions.
"It's not possible that the last 39 transfers happened without any reason. There must be some reason behind it. There must be some administrative reason (for the latest transfer), which can be replied to best by (Haryana) Chief Minister," Alvi said.
He also pointed out that Haryana government has already constituted a committee and ordered a "time-bound inquiry" into the issues raised by Khemka whose report will be out in a month.
No Need for Enquiry into Vadra's Land Dealings: Cong
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli