The Pakistani Taliban today lauded the action of Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani-American arrested for a botched car bombing in New York, but said he had no links to the banned militant group.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Azam Tariq denied his group had any links to the suspect while praising his bravery.
"This is a noble job and we pray that all the Muslim youths should follow Faisal Shahzad. But he is not part of our network," Tariq was quoted as saying in a reported posted on the website of CBS News.
Tariq also claimed the plot to carry out the bombing in New York City was "hatched by the US and its allies to trap Muslim and Pushtun youth in terrorist activities".
He vowed that the Pakistani Taliban would "launch attacks against the US and its allies with a new zeal and style".
Tariq also said the "US and its European allies are our target".
Tariq claimed that activists had been sent to the US and other European countries and the Taliban would launch further attacks soon. He gave no details about specific targets.
In a video posted recently on the Internet, Pakistani Taliban chief Hakimullah Mehsud had vowed to carry out attacks on major cities in the US to avenge the killing of militant commanders like his predecessor Baitullah Mehsud, who was killed in a US drone strike last year.
The FBI has said in a complaint filed in a US court that Shahzad, the son of a retired Air Vice marshal of the Pakistan Air Force, had received bomb-making training in the restive Waziristan tribal region.
No Link To Taliban, But Shahzad Did Good Job: TTP
Rezaul H Laskar/Islamabad
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- 'Have Lost Courage’: YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- As India Battles The Virus, Let Us Not Weaken National Resolve
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Sisodia Says ‘Heinous Crime To Export Vaccine When People Dying In India'
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- T20 World Cup Could Be Postponed Or Shifted From India: Ian Chappell