Indian pacer Ashish Nehra today rubbished media reports of players being involved in a bar brawl in the West Indies after crashing out of the Twenty20 World Cup, insisting that no such incident ever took place.
"No one said anything to us. There were many fans from all over the world from different teams but nothing happened with us," Nehra told reporters.
"There would be many fans who would tell that something happened but as far as my knowledge goes, no untoward incident happened with us.
"We went to have our dinner there and were watching the West Indies and Australia match. Rest of the things that I am listening now, I have no knowledge of anything," he added.
After India were knocked out of the World Cup, media reports emerged that players, including Nehra, were involved in an ugly brawl with cricket fans in a pub in the West Indies.
India team manager in the West Indies, Ranjib Biswal has also denied the reports but admitted that an argument did take place.
"That incident never took place. It was just a verbal talk and there is nothing substantial to that. There was an argument because the boys, who went there (to the pub) for dinner, were harassed by some Indian fans. There is nothing much about it," Biswal said.
Meanwhile, Nehra threw his weight behind captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who is under fire for the debacle in the Twenty20 World Cup.
The Indians didn't win a single Super Eight match and Dhoni's tactical blunders have been blamed for the losses but Nehra backed his skipper.
"Under his (Dhoni) captaincy India became the number one Test side and number two in ODIs and have been doing so well in the last 18 months. Just by one or two Twenty20 matches, one can't undo the last 18 months' hard work.
"Team India didn't win or lose for one man. As far as my cricket knowledge goes everyone knows what MS have achieved as captain," he added.
No Brawl Happened in West Indies Pub: Nehra
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly