Moninder Singh Pandher, an accused in Nithari serial killings, today claimed before a court that he was innocent and was not present at his Noida residence when his servant carried out the gruesome murders.
Appearing on his behalf, Pandher's counsel, Dev Raj pleaded before special CBI judge Rama Jain that his client had no knowledge about the doings of his servant, a claim which has been substantiated by the CBI in its charge-sheet.
The judge was hearing arguments in the murder case of Rimpa Haldar in which the court had decided suo motu to frame charges against Pandher despite not being named by the CBI in the charge-sheet.
The court, while deciding this, had said a witness had given statement before it stating that Pandher was present at the time when Haldar was hacked to death by his servant Surinder Kohli.
The court will hear the defence argument of the servant tomorrow.
At least 19 skulls were found from the drain adjacent to Pandher's residence. Sixteen of them were of children, who had gone missing over a period of one year.
After DNA tests, one of them was found to be that of Haldar, who had gone missing on February 2, 2005.
Kohli and Pandher were arrested by the police on December 29, 2006 for the killings and have been in jail since then.
Nithari Accused Pandher Claims Innocence in Court
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case | Options Being Explored To Defend Accused: Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Case: UP Police Lathicharges RLD Leader
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- Hathras: Chandrashekhar Meets Family
- Bihar Elections: 47 Open Grounds, 19 Halls For Public Rallies
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat