Next round of peace talks between Centre's representatives and leaders of NSCN(I-M) will be held in New Delhi from Friday to find a negotiated settlement to the protracted Naga political conflict.
NSCN(I-M) general secretary Thuingaleng Muivah accompanied by senior functionaries of the group would leave for New Delhi today to attend the peace parleys, outfit sources said.
Muivah wrapped up his nearly one-and-a-half-month-long 'peace mission' by holding the last public meeting at Jalukie in Peren district of Nagaland. Undertaking the peace mission began in first week of June, the Naga leader visited various parts of Nagaland and held consultation with the people at grassroots level.
During his visit he called for re-conciliation and understanding among Nagas based on the principle of 'forget and forgive' to have a unified voice to be presented before Centre.
Last round of peace dialogue between Centre’s interlocutor R S Pandey and NSCN(I-M) leaders was held at Kohima on June 01 and it was first such talks in Naga soil during the course of 13-year-long peace process initiated by both sides in August 1997 by announcing a ceasefire pact.
Muivah embarked on a journey to his native village in Manipur's Ukhurl district on May 5, but deferred his plan following stiff opposition from Ibobi Singh government which saw his visit as a "threat to communal harmony" in the state.
Next Round of Naga Peace Talks from July 16
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Mike Pence and Kamala Harris Battle It Out At The US Vice Presidential Debate
- ‘India’s Coronavirus Fight Is People Driven,’ Says PM Modi
- 'You Can't Stop Thefts Till Thieves Repent': R. Ashwin On 'Mankading'
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay HC Grants Her Bail
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In The TMC
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Clinical Tsitsipas Makes History