News broadcasting fraternity tonight condoled the death of Justice (Retd) J S Verma who passed away after a brief illness.
Justice Verma was appointed the first Chairperson of the News Broadcasting Standards Authority
(NBSA), a self- regulatory body set up by News Broadcasters Association on October 2, 2008.
"In his frequent interaction with members of NBA, he would tell them that in a democracy, it was the media's duty to inform the people of everything of significance; but the right to inform did not include the right to misinform as the media's right is no greater than an individual's right, which was again subject to reasonable restrictions," Secretary General of News Broadcasters Association, Annie Joseph said in a statement.
The Broadcast Editors Association (BEA) also offered its deepest condolences at the demise of Justice
News Broadcasting Fraternity Condoles Justice Verma's Death
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly