News broadcasting fraternity tonight condoled the death of Justice (Retd) J S Verma who passed away after a brief illness.
Justice Verma was appointed the first Chairperson of the News Broadcasting Standards Authority
(NBSA), a self- regulatory body set up by News Broadcasters Association on October 2, 2008.
"In his frequent interaction with members of NBA, he would tell them that in a democracy, it was the media's duty to inform the people of everything of significance; but the right to inform did not include the right to misinform as the media's right is no greater than an individual's right, which was again subject to reasonable restrictions," Secretary General of News Broadcasters Association, Annie Joseph said in a statement.
The Broadcast Editors Association (BEA) also offered its deepest condolences at the demise of Justice
News Broadcasting Fraternity Condoles Justice Verma's Death
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: G20 Countries Pledge $5 Trillion To Revive Global Economy
- 'No One Will Go Hungry': Govt Grants Rs 1.70 Lakh Cr Package To Poor Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus: With 88 New Infections, Cases In India Rise To 694; Death Toll Reaches 16
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack: A Pakistani Attempt To Rupture Strong Indo-Afghan Ties
- Coronavirus Pandemic Raises Serious Questions About China's Conduct
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: India Extends Ban On International Flights Till April 14
- 'First Step In Right Direction': Rahul On Centre's 1.70 Lakh Cr Package
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of COVID-19 Test Kits
- Panic-Buying Can Lead To Lack Of Essential Items During Lockdown
- Coronavirus: A James Bond-Inspired Mobile App Helping TN Authorities
- Rs 50 Lakh Insurance Cover For Doctors, Healthcare Workers Fighting COVID-19
- Shikhar Dhawan Urges Indians To Donate
- How Coronavirus Has Wrecked Sports