India seamer Ashish Nehra may miss Saturday's World Cup final against Sri Lanka owing to a finger injury.
Even though the BCCI is yet to make an official statement in this regard, team manager Rajib Biswal said the left-arm seamer has fractured the middle-finger of his right hand during yesterday's semifinal match against Pakistan in Mohali.
He said that efforts are being made to get the bowler match-fit through rehabilitation programme but added that if he does not recover in time, he will be ruled out.
Nehra, who was benched for the last league match and the quarter-final against Australia, was brought in for the Mohali encounter by skipper MS Dhoni in a gamble that is seen to have paid off.
He took the wickets of Wahab Riaz and Umar Gul while conceding 33 runs in his quota of 10 overs in the semi-final against Pakistan.
Biswal said that Nehra injured his finger while going for a catch at deep mid-wicket, which was referred to the third umpire.
Nehra May Miss World Cup Final Against Sri Lanka
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly