India seamer Ashish Nehra may miss Saturday's World Cup final against Sri Lanka owing to a finger injury.
Even though the BCCI is yet to make an official statement in this regard, team manager Rajib Biswal said the left-arm seamer has fractured the middle-finger of his right hand during yesterday's semifinal match against Pakistan in Mohali.
He said that efforts are being made to get the bowler match-fit through rehabilitation programme but added that if he does not recover in time, he will be ruled out.
Nehra, who was benched for the last league match and the quarter-final against Australia, was brought in for the Mohali encounter by skipper MS Dhoni in a gamble that is seen to have paid off.
He took the wickets of Wahab Riaz and Umar Gul while conceding 33 runs in his quota of 10 overs in the semi-final against Pakistan.
Biswal said that Nehra injured his finger while going for a catch at deep mid-wicket, which was referred to the third umpire.
Nehra May Miss World Cup Final Against Sri Lanka
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Jammu. Kashmir. Ladakh. Will Government's Ambitious Plans To Regain Paradise Lost Be A Misadventure?
- Army Claims Pak-Based Terrorists Planning To Target Amarnath Yatra, Govt Asks Pilgrims To Leave Valley
- Parliament Clears UAPA Amendment Bill, Centre Says No Human Rights Will Be Violated
- Ayodhya Mediation Fails; Hearing On Day-To-Day Basis From August 6, Says Supreme Court
- BJP-Led NDA Flexes Muscle As Parliament Fast-Track Key Bills; What's The Hurry? Asks Opposition
- Govinda Does Not Deserve The Lampoon Over Avatar Claims
- For All Practical Purposes, BJD Is Now A Part Of NDA
- After India's Chandrayaan-2, Time To See What Other Countries Are Planning On Space Front
- If Chandrayaan-2 Is Successful, India Will Grab Headlines Globally -- For A Positive Reason
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- Kashmir Press Club Polls: For Dignity Of 'Unbuttoned Shirts' And Space to Exchange Ideas
- Omar Abdullah, Mehbooba Mufti React Strongly To J&K Govt's Advisory To Amarnath Pilgrims, Tourists
- Rasoolan Bibi, Widow Of 1965 War Hero Abdul Hamid, Dies At 90
- Settle In MP, Will Treat You As A Daughter: Kamal Nath Tells Unnao Rape Survivor
- Virat Kohli's Rohit Sharma-Less Photo Feeds 'Split' Rumour Mill
- CBI Constitutes Additional Special Team Of 20 Officers To Probe Unnao Rape Survivor's Accident
- Odisha BJP Leader Expresses Regret Over Derogatory Remark Directed At Muslim Women
- Ashes 2019, 1st Test LIVE: Rory Burns Hits Maiden Ton
- WI Vs IND, 1st T20 Preview: India Begin 2020 T20 World Cup Preparations