Condemning the brutal rape of the five-year old girl in the city and mishandling of the case by police, Women and Child Development Minister Krishna Tirath today said there is a need to sensitise policemen in dealing with such cases.
"I had met the Delhi Police Commissioner some days back and had asked him to sensitise police officers while dealing with such cases. The behaviour of the police officers dealing with such sensitive matters needs to be a crucial part of their training," the Minister said in a statement here.
Assuring all possible help to the victim's family, she said, "I am deeply shocked and aggrieved. I condemn this act in the strictest words. The ministry of Women and Child Development will extend all possible help to the child and her family."
Later, Tirath told PTI that she had spoken to the Home Minister on the need to focus on police response in such cases.
"I have spoken to the Home minister on the need to sensitise police. I have also sought a report from the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights over the incident. Presently we are very concerned over the well being of the child," Tirath said.
Need to Sensitise Cops Dealing With Rape Cases: Tirath
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Relentless PV Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test, Day 4 LIVE: Rahane-Vihari Stand Grows; India's Lead Past 300
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Rahul Gandhi Shares Video Of Srinagar Visit, Attacks 'Draconian Administration' Of Jammu And Kashmir
- 3 Weeks After Article 370 Was Revoked, J&K State Flag Removed From Srinagar's Civil Secretariat
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test: Stokes Hits Chanceless Ton As ENG Eye Improbable Win
- PM Modi Arrives In France For G7 Summit, Will Speak On Global Issues
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’