The Nationalist Congress Party today dismissed Digvijay Singh's demand for an apology from Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil in the wake of the controversy over the telephone call the Congress leader claimed to have received from slain top cop Hemant Karkare on 26/11.
"It is unjustified. Apology for what? If R R Patil says he has no record of the call, what is wrong in it," party general secretary D P Tripathi said.
Tripathi's comments came after Singh released records of the conversation the slain ATS chief had with him on 26/11.
"People called me a liar...I was dubbed a traitor and a Pakistani agent. It pained me that Mumbai Police made selective leaks saying that there were no records of the talks between me and Karkare."
"It was all the more painful for me when the Maharashtra Home Minister said in the state Assembly that no such call was made. All those who have dubbed me a liar and have put a question mark on my honesty, sincerity and credibility should apologise or at least express regrets now when I have produced documents," Singh said earlier today.
In a letter to Patil, he said, "I am very pained by the statements made by you and the Mumbai Police. I request you to make a public apology or express regret".
The Congress leader expressed anguish that these statements were used by the media to prove him false and declare him a "liar". "If you or Mumbai Police had properly examined the number of Maharashtra ATS, you would not have given such a statement."
Raising doubts over his claims, Patil had then said there was no existence of any record of the purported telephonic conversation between the Congress leader and Karkare.
NCP Dismisses Digvijay's Apology Demand from Patil
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- LJP Leader Ram Vilas Paswan Passes Away At The Age Of 74
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Spins Hyderabad To Big Win After Warner-Bairstow Show
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- 13-Year-Old Girl Gang-Raped In Greater Noida, 3 Detained
- Hathras Case: Accused Claims Victim's Family Was 'Against Our Friendship'
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar’s Suicide Note Hints At Depression
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Farmers’ Outfits Call For Nationwide ‘Chaka Jam’ On November 3
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Bihar Elections: Owaisi, Kushwaha Float New Front Of Six Parties
- Rashid Reflects On Scoreboard Pressure