A local court today issued a non-bailable warrant against MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi after he failed to appear before it in a hate speech case lodged against him at Nirmal in Adilabad district.
Second Metropolitan Magistrate Durgaprasad dismissed the petition filed by Akbaruddin's counsel seeking to dispense with his personal attendance and issued the
"Many opportunities were given to Akbaruddin asking him to personally appear before the court. However, as he did not appear, the magistrate issued the
NBW. Now the police have to execute the same," a public prosecutor said.
A petition was filed earlier in the court by an advocate for the "hate" speech allegedly delivered by the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen leader in Nirmal town.
Police had booked cases in Nirmal in Adilabad and Nizamabad districts against the legislator after he allegedly used inflammatory and derogatory language against a community during his public speeches in December last year.
The MIM leader also faces charges of sedition and waging war against the nation among others, under relevant sections of Indian Penal Code.
Subsequently, multiple cases were lodged against Akbaruddin following court directives across Andhra
42-year-old Akbaruddin, the MIM's floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, is a legislator from Chandrayanagutta constituency here.
He was arrested by the Nirmal police from Gandhi pital in Hyderabad on January 8 and was released on bail on February 15.
NBW Against Akbaruddin for Failing to Appear in Court
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Coronavirus Grows, As Do Questions: Will The Tokyo Olympics Open?