Laying down its task as an armed force furthering Indian security interests, the Navy today released its revised Maritime Doctrine that provides the fundamentals for readiness and response planning.
Outgoing Navy chief Admiral Sureesh Mehta, released the 2009 edition of the doctrine that would be a "service to enhance awareness about India's maritime environment and interests, and provide the fundamentals for readiness and response planning," a Navy spokesperson said.
The capstone document was first published in 2004 to provide a common understanding of universally applicable maritime concepts, not only for the uniformed fraternity but also for the public at large.
"This revision became necessitated, on account of the rapidly changing geostrategic environment, evolving operational complexities and transformational changes sweeping the maritime domain," a press note added.
"Since doctrines evolve over time, the present edition maintains its temporal relevance, addressing the tenets of contemporary maritime thought, with emphasis on the Indian maritime environment," it said.
The doctrine focuses on concepts as well as application of maritime power and is the primary document from which other naval doctrines flow.
"With increased emphasis on maritime affairs, the revised doctrine would serve to enhance awareness about India's maritime environment and interests, and provide the fundamentals for readiness and response planning", the spokesperson said.
Navy Comes Out with Revised Maritime Doctrine
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Explained: What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Lockdowns And Curfews: List Of States, UTs Clamping Down Against Covid-19
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep La Liga Title In Real Madrid's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly