Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today joined the bandwagon to demand 90 per cent Central funding for at least two plan periods for implementing the Right To Education (RTE) Act in the state.
Patnaik met HRD Minister Kapil Sibal here and also demanded that 11 districts, including those affected by Naxalism, should be considered special category districts at par with northeastern states for the purpose of all schemes of HRD Ministry.
"I have demanded that the Centre-State share should be in the ratio of 90 to 10 to implement the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act at least for two plan periods," he told reporters after the meeting.
Patnaik's demand comes a few days after similar demand was made by chief minister of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Patnaik said Orissa has made concerted efforts for improving the educational infrastructure at all levels and for enhancing the technical skills and capabilities of its human resource.
He said about half of the state is hit by poverty and Left-wing extremism. The population in these areas require special efforts and there need to treat these districts on a par with northeastern states and other hill states, he said.
Sibal assured Patnaik that all the issues would be considered favourably. Sibal said efforts will be made to minimise the burden on the state.
Naveen Seeks 90 Percent Central Funding For RTE Act
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly