Nagaland Home Minister Imkong L Imchen resigned from the Council of Ministers after he was arrested for allegedly transporting Rs 1.10 crore in cash and arms and ammunition in a vehicle in Wokha district in the poll-bound state.
Imchen submitted his resignation to Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio late last night, press secretary to the Chief Minister Abu Metha said today.
In his resignation letter, Imchen said the "Assam Rifles flying squad intercepted his motorcade while coming from
Kohima" and that the seized amount of Rs 1.10 crore was received from NPF's central office for election purpose, according to Mehta.
The letter expressed ignorance about the presence of arms and ammunition in his vehicle.
Imchen, when contacted, said, "I was totally unaware of the arms and ammunition seized along with cash... Under such circumstances, I felt the need to tender resignation from the Council of Ministers with immediate effect owing moral responsibility.
Mehta said, "Since the chief minister is out of the station, things have not yet been
Another Congress candidate contesting from the Sanis constituency Y Sulanthung H Lotha was arrested with cash of Rs 3.7 lakh and a .22 pistol along with nine rounds late last night by the Dimapur police.
Police sources said Lotha was travelling in his vehicle when he was intercepted by a mobile vehicle check post in
Nagaland Home Minister Resigns
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly