Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi, who was arrested on sedition charges, today said he would continue to draw cartoons that raise issues like corruption, as people in large numbers thronged the railway station here to receive him.
Trivedi, who belongs to Shuklaganj in adjoining Unnao district, was received by his parents and hordes of supporters who took him in a procession to his hometown.
The cartoonist, arrested on September 8 and released on September 12, told reporters at the railway station that he would continue to oppose corruption through his cartoons, which he said would now spew more venom.
He said it was his mission to root out corruption from the country.
"Anna Hazare has said it is fortunate to go to jail for the sake of your country. I had gone to jail to remove corruption from the country and hence there was no reason to repent or be afraid of," he said.
The 25-year-old cartoonist was arrested under IPC Section 124 (sedition), Section 66 A of Information Technology Act and Section 2 of Prevention of Insults to Nation Honour Act. He was released after Bombay High Court granted him bail.
The freelancer has been accused of putting up banners mocking the Constitution during a rally of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare late last year and posting the same on his website.
Trivedi was arrested on the basis of a complaint filed by a member of Republican Party of India.
My Cartoons Will Now Spew More Venom: Aseem Trivedi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam CM Today, Here Are The Other Probable Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly