Terming the verdict of Allahabad High Court judgement on Ayodhya title suit as extra-legal and exceeding mandate, former MP Syed Shahabuddin said Muslim community is ready to accept the final verdict of Supreme Court on the issue.
"The Muslim community is dissatisfied and shocked by the judgement from the 'mythological' to the 'legal', from hearsay to verifiable evidence," Shahabuddin, also the President of All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat told reporters here.
"The Supreme Court is expected to admit the appeal by the Muslim community and direct that the status quo be maintained till the appeal is disposed of," he said.
"Muslim community is ready to accept the final verdict of the Supreme Court as it is committed to the Constitution and the rule of law. It does not see any scope for negotiations among the parties until the final verdict establishes the rights and status of parties concerned," he said.
"It is only after the SC judicial verdict, we will think about negotiations," he said.
Besides the plaintiffs, several other Muslim organisations are also planning to intervene and appeal to SC and several NGOs of both Hindu as well as Muslim community are also planning to challenge particular part of Allahabad High court judgement as a PIL, he said.
Replying to a query that the Muslim community did not accept the SC verdict in Shah Bano case, Shahbuddin said,"Do not mix the two. This is a case involving Hindus and Muslims."
Shah Bano case is one of the most important lawsuits in the history of Indian Judicial system which pioneered the Muslim women's fight to claim alimony, which to an extent threatened the inclusion of personal laws in the Indian Constitution.
Talking about fresh inquiry into the death of former ATS chief Hemant Karkare, he said, "An inquiry into Karkare case means unveiling Intelligence Bureau", he said.
Karkare is a real martyr as he was the first person to reveal that not all terrorists activities were carried out by Muslims and that there are Hindu terrorists also.
Home Minister should set up a fresh inquiry committee to find the mysterious attack on Karkare, Vijay Salaskar and Ashok Kamte, Shahbuddin said adding that Hindu group was stalking Karkare and took advantage of the situation on November 26, 2008.
Talking about Haj, Shahbuddin said," Indian Government should stop subsidy to Haj pilgrims and instead float a global tender fixing 75 per cent in IATA fare. Today it is 150 per cent of IATA fare".
About misuse of Haj House by the Haj Committee, he said, Haj House is the property of all Muslims and there should be a trust to run it for the benefit of the entire community.
He also said, the Haj has to be arranged district wise so that better services could be provided to the community at Mecca and Medina.
Indian government should demand from the Saudi Arabian Government to build 'Rubats', accommodation facilities for Indian pilgrims as many of 'Rubats' which were built for Indians have been taken away by the authorities from the middlemen who had acquired them illegally.
'Muslims Ready to Accept SC's Verdict on Ayodhya'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine