Prominent Muslim leaders from both BJP and Congress are vigorously campaigning for their candidates, among them Chief Minister B C Khanduri, who is fighting from the Kotdwara assembly seat.
Urging people to vote for Khanduri, BJP spokesperson Shahnawaj Hussain while addressing a gathering alleged that the Congress uses the minority community as a vote bank and doesn't think of them after coming to power.
The BJP will form the next government due to the commitment it has shown for development in the last five years, he claimed, while repeating the party's poll slogan 'Khanduri hai Zaroori' (Khanduri is essential).
Meanwhile, Congress Spokesperson Rashid Alvi also addressed voters at Aam Paraw area here.
Supporting Congress candidate S S Negi he said that the party was committed to weeding out corruption and the Lokpal Bill was a reflection of it.
The minority community must be aware of parties who encourage communalism and who use them for poll benefits, he said.
Muslim Leaders Woo Voters for Candidates at Kotdwara
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How State Governments Are Managing The Coronavirus Pandemic Amid 21-day Lockdown
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- RBI Decision On Moratorium On Term Loan Payments Big Relief, Will Help Reduce Financial Stress On Borrowers
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned In Mumbai After WHO Hoardings On COVID-19 Trigger Panic
- Why IND's Hockey Coach Reid Thinks COVID-19 A Blessing In Disguise
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- UK PM Boris Johnson, Health Secretary Test Positive For Coronavirus
- Stuck in Bangladesh, Kashmiri Students Seek Evacuation Amid Covid-19 Fears
- The Delhi Cop Who Looks After 350 Poor Families Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
- Coronavirus: Stop Mass Exodus Of Labourers, MHA Asks States
- Coronavirus: RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4%
- All Domestic Flights Suspended Till April 14, Says DGCA
- Times Group Sends ThePrint Legal Notice For Story On Covid19 Spread Through Paper
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19