A music ceremony set the celebrations rolling for Bollywood star Vivek Oberoi and Priyanka Alva's marriage tomorrow at a sprawling farmhouse on the outskirts of the city.
Couple's close family friends and relatives came together to raise a toast to the to-be bride and groom last night, sources close to the actor said.
"The entire decor was chic, elegant and classy. It had the touch of royal blue blood in it all. Last night's get together was a private affair with just the couple's family friends and relatives invited to it," they said.
However, the traditional mehandi and sangeet ceremony is scheduled to take place today, the sources said.
The 34-year-old actor for whom the wedding bells would ring after a successful opening of his latest film Rakta Charitra, has been gushing over his bride-to-be, the 28-year-old management graduate from London, whom he met following his parents' suggestion.
Vivek's wedding with the daughter of former Karnataka Minister late Jeevaraj Alva and social worker and danseuse Nandini Alva had an impressive invitee list for tomorrow, including Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa.
Some of the Bollywood stars, including Vivek's co-stars of his recent films are expected to be present.
Earlier this month, Invitees to the special occasion got a glimpse of the fine taste of the couple as rich red satin laced two-tired box reached their homes. The limited-edition boxes came accompanied with a Ganjifa painting and a little note explaining the revival of the art form.
The invite was on a environment-friendly paper made of herbs and other natural materials.
Preparations are on full swing to greet the invitees. "My parents have decided the guest list and extended them the invitations", Vivek said.
The actor, who has been fighting a tight schedule given the hectic promotion schedules for Rakth Charitra and the subsequent launches of the film in other languages, said all the preparations had been handled by his family and his fiancee's family.
Vivek said his hectic schedule would leave him no time for a honeymoon immediately, but the couple would definitely go out on a special honeymoon some time later.
The wedding in Bangalore would be followed by a receptionin Mumbai on October 31.
Music Sets the Mood for Vivek's Wedding on Oct 29
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Kashmiris Have Been Lured Into Trap Of Glamourised Terrorism: J&K Guv Satya Pal Malik
- From Jammu & Kashmir: 'Let's Have Tea. This Could Be The Last Time We Are Together'
- Mystery Deepens In Unnao Car Crash Case: Why Was Truck Number Plate Blackened?
- Outlook Poshan Awards 2019 Live Updates
- Why Bhubaneswar's Classy, Affordable 'Mo Bus' Service Has No Passengers
- From Kashmir: 'Let's Have Tea. This Could Be The Last Time We Are Together'
- Govinda Does Not Deserve The Lampoon Over Avatar Claims
- For All Practical Purposes, BJD Is Now A Part Of NDA
- After India's Chandrayaan-2, Time To See What Other Countries Are Planning On Space Front
- If Chandrayaan-2 Is Successful, India Will Grab Headlines Globally -- For A Positive Reason
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- 'There Are No Answers, There Is No Clarity,' Says Omar Abdullah After Meeting J&K Governor
- BJP Holds Closed-Door 'Discipline Class' For Lawmakers And Bunking Is Strictly Prohibited
- Unnao Rape Accused MLA Kuldeep Sengar's Arms Licences Revoked
- Extremely Heavy Rainfall Warning For Mumbai; Holiday For Schools,Colleges
- Pakistan Keeps Mum On Granting India Consular Access To Kulbhushan Jadhav
- Kerala Journalist Killed By Speeding Car Allegedly Driven By 'Drunk' IAS Officer
- Time For Pant To 'Unleash His Potential', Feels Kohli
- Ashes 2019 LIVE: 1st Test, Day 3 – ENG Eye Big Lead