Minister of Corporate Affairs Murli Deora has offered to resign ahead of talk of a possible Cabinet reshuffle.
Deora, 74, said he has offered to resign and sought to dismiss reports that he has asked for his son Milind Deora's inclusion in the council of ministers.
"Yes, I have offered to Congress President Sonia Gandhi to step down from the Union Council of Ministers... Have not asked for anything more... It is not a sudden decision," Deora told PTI.
Deora, however, clarified that he hasn't resigned yet and had offered to relinquish charge of the Corporate Affairs Ministry "orally" to Gandhi a few weeks back.
It wasn't known what Gandhi's reaction was.
"I have the satisfaction of completing a full five-year stint as Union Minister and so now I thought it will be appropriate to step down," he said without elaborating.
There is talk of a Cabinet reshuffle after President Pratibha Patil's return from her sojourn in Hyderabad on July 8.
Murli Deora Offers to Quit Cabinet Amid Reshuffle Buzz
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bombay High Court Grants Bail to Actor Rhea Chakraborty
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- KKR Vs CSK: Focus On Captains As Kolkata Face Chennai
- Aatma Nirbhar Bharat: A Salad Bowl Of Many Healthy Ideas, Some Of Them Incompatible
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In TMC
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Press Association, IWPC Condemns Arrest of Kerala Journalist
- Pro Pros And Cons: Publicists Face The Music As Drugs Scandal Hits Bollywood
- Media Trial Of Rhea Chakraborty Shows No Respect For Ethics And Propriety
- J&K: Militants Open Fire At BJP Leader, PSO Killed
- H-1B Visas Should Be Reserved Only For 'Specialised Talent': White House
- NMC Takes Charge Sans Website, No Way To Cross-Verify Doctors’ Bonafide
- Nadal Battles Past Teenage Sinner
- Steve Smith Fined Rs 12 Lakh