Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today announced the state's highest sports honour- Eklavya Award - for Munaf Patel and Yusuf Pathan, members of the Indian squad that won the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
"Today, the entire country is celebrating victory of the Indian cricket team. Cricket in India is a game that is associated with patriotism. Yesterday, Indian team have honoured the nation and fulfilled the aspirations of the 121 crore Indians," Modi said inaugurating seminar on human resource development by the Raksha Shakti University (RSU) here.
"I congratulate all players for the feat. In this team there are two youths from Gujarat, bhai Yusuf Pathan and Munaf Patel. My special congratulations to them," he said.
"Gujarat government has decided that both Munaf and Yusuf would be awarded with that highest sports honours of the state of Gujarat - Eklavya Award," Modi said.
He said honouring Munaf and Yusuf would be in a way honouring the strength of the youths of the country.
The Eklavya award includes a cash price of Rs one lakh, a memento and a certificate of honour.
Munaf, Yusuf to Get Gujarat's Highest Sports Award
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths