Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today announced the state's highest sports honour- Eklavya Award - for Munaf Patel and Yusuf Pathan, members of the Indian squad that won the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
"Today, the entire country is celebrating victory of the Indian cricket team. Cricket in India is a game that is associated with patriotism. Yesterday, Indian team have honoured the nation and fulfilled the aspirations of the 121 crore Indians," Modi said inaugurating seminar on human resource development by the Raksha Shakti University (RSU) here.
"I congratulate all players for the feat. In this team there are two youths from Gujarat, bhai Yusuf Pathan and Munaf Patel. My special congratulations to them," he said.
"Gujarat government has decided that both Munaf and Yusuf would be awarded with that highest sports honours of the state of Gujarat - Eklavya Award," Modi said.
He said honouring Munaf and Yusuf would be in a way honouring the strength of the youths of the country.
The Eklavya award includes a cash price of Rs one lakh, a memento and a certificate of honour.
Munaf, Yusuf to Get Gujarat's Highest Sports Award
THE LATEST ISSUE
- PM Modi To Address Nation At 8 PM Today, Will Discuss 'Vital Aspects Relating To Coronavirus'
- Omar Abdullah, Ex-J&K CM, Released After Almost 8 Months Of Detention
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Mumbai Reports Another Fatality; Lockdown Imposed In 32 States, UTs
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Delhi's Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- First Communal Violence, Now Coronavirus Fears, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Locals Protest Against Cremation Of Coronavirus Patient In Bengal
- EC Defers Rajya Sabha Polls In View Of Coronavirus Outbreak
- Coronavirus: 32 States, UTs Under Complete Lockdown
- India Has Tremendous Capacity To Combat Coronavirus, Says WHO
- J&K Police Filing FIRs, Using Drones In Fight Against Coronavirus
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Olympics Postponement Inevitable: IOC Official
- Conference Call Between BCCI And IPL Team Owners Postponed