Paceman Manaf Patel will join the struggling Indian squad in Sri Lanka tomorrow to bolster its attack for the ongoing cricket tri-series in Dambulla.
The Baroda fast bowler was also a member of the squad for the preceding three-Test series against Sri Lanka bur did not get to play any of the match.
"Munaf Patel is joining the Indian team in Sri Lanka, as an additional member of the squad. He will reach Dambulla tomorrow," said BCCI secretary N Srinivasan in a media release today.
The fast bowlers did extremely well in the series opener between India and New Zealand and that may have prompted the selectors to call Patel.
The 27-year-old bowler played the last of his 43 ODIs against Australia at Guwahati in November, 2009.
He has been given a chance to resume his stop-start career in which he has taken 47 wickets at just under 33.
The Indian team, led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni, started its campaign on a poor note two days ago by crashing to a massive 200-run defeat against New Zealand at Dambulla.
The event runs up to August 28 with all the matches to be played at the same venue.
Munaf Patel to Join Indian Team in Sri Lanka
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: 10 More Test Positive In Karnataka As Cases In India Soar to 606
- The Real Soldiers Fighting Cornoavirus Can't Even Get To Hospitals With Dignity
- 'Coronavirus Is Sneaky But India Has Done Better Than Others': Leading Public Health Expert
- Naming Covid-19 After China Could Damage The Global Battle Against Coronavirus
- Outlook Goes Digital, Temporarily Suspends Print Edition
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- 'People In White Coats Are Gods Right Now': PM Warns Against Discrimination
- OLY Postponed: India To Revise Preparation Plans
- Britain's Prince Charles Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- 'It Flew Past Like Breeze': Living Two Months Under Coronavirus Lockdown In China
- Evicted By Landlord, Qatar Returnee Man Has No Place For Quarantine
- Coronavirus: With 738 Deaths In A Day, Spain Overtakes China's Toll
- Journalist At Kamal Nath's Resignation Presser Tests Positive For Coronavirus
- Women's U-17 World Cup: FIFA Monitoring COVID-19 Threat