NSCN-IM 'general secretary' Thuingaleng Muivah today met Home Minister P Chidambaram and discussed with him issues related to the Naga peace process.
Muivah is also understood to have apprised Chidambaram about his nearly one-and-a-half-month-long peace mission across Nagaland and its outcome.
The issue of his failed trip to his ancestral village in Manipur is also said to have figured in the nearly hour-long meeting.
The Naga rebel leader had also met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
A crucial round of talks between NSCN-IM and Centre's interlocutor R S Pandey will begin here tomorrow to carry forward the peace process. A few rounds of informal talks with the NSCN-IM leadership had taken last week.
Top leaders of the rebel group, are currently in the capital to participate in the meeting.
Undertaking the peace mission that began in first week of June, Muivah visited all the districts of Nagaland except Mon and called for re-conciliation and understanding among the Nagas based on the principle of "forget and forgive" to have a unified voice to be presented before the government of India.
So far over 60 rounds of peace talks were held between the two sides during the course of 13-year-long peace process initiated in August 1997.
Initially, Muivah embarked on a journey to his native village in Manipur's Ukhrul district on May 5, but deferred his plan following stiff opposition from the Ibobi Singh government which saw his visit as a "threat to communal harmony" in the state.
Muivah meets PC, Discusses Naga Peace Process
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bombay High Court Grants Bail to Actor Rhea Chakraborty
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- KKR Vs CSK: Focus On Captains As Kolkata Face Chennai
- Aatma Nirbhar Bharat: A Salad Bowl Of Many Healthy Ideas, Some Of Them Incompatible
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In TMC
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Want To Cross Verify A Doctor's Credentials? Sorry, You Cannot
- Pro Pros And Cons: Publicists Face The Music As Drugs Scandal Hits Bollywood
- Media Trial Of Rhea Chakraborty Shows No Respect For Ethics And Propriety
- J&K: Militants Open Fire At BJP Leader, PSO Killed
- Major Fire At Indian Oil Petrol Pump In Bhubaneshwar, 8 Injured
- Press Association, IWPC Condemn Arrest of Kerala Journalist
- Nadal Battles Past Teenage Sinner
- Steve Smith Fined Rs 12 Lakh