NSCN-IM 'general secretary' Thuingaleng Muivah today met Home Minister P Chidambaram and discussed with him issues related to the Naga peace process.
Muivah is also understood to have apprised Chidambaram about his nearly one-and-a-half-month-long peace mission across Nagaland and its outcome.
The issue of his failed trip to his ancestral village in Manipur is also said to have figured in the nearly hour-long meeting.
The Naga rebel leader had also met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
A crucial round of talks between NSCN-IM and Centre's interlocutor R S Pandey will begin here tomorrow to carry forward the peace process. A few rounds of informal talks with the NSCN-IM leadership had taken last week.
Top leaders of the rebel group, are currently in the capital to participate in the meeting.
Undertaking the peace mission that began in first week of June, Muivah visited all the districts of Nagaland except Mon and called for re-conciliation and understanding among the Nagas based on the principle of "forget and forgive" to have a unified voice to be presented before the government of India.
So far over 60 rounds of peace talks were held between the two sides during the course of 13-year-long peace process initiated in August 1997.
Initially, Muivah embarked on a journey to his native village in Manipur's Ukhrul district on May 5, but deferred his plan following stiff opposition from the Ibobi Singh government which saw his visit as a "threat to communal harmony" in the state.
Muivah meets PC, Discusses Naga Peace Process
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh
- Live, Windies v India, 1st Test, Day 1: Rahul, Rahane Revive IND
- 'Yeh Mauka Ka Khel Hai' - Sehwag Wants Rohit To Get Long Run In Tests