Suspended Indian Premier League Commissioner Lalit Modi has made additional submissions seeking recusal of interim IPL chief Chirayu Amin and Arun Jaitley from the Disciplinary Committee constituted by the BCCI to conduct the proceedings against him.
"Additional submissions on the issue of recusal as set out in the Disciplinary Committee meeting on July 16 in Mumbai have been filed late last night," Modi's legal counsel Mehmood Abdi told PTI here today.
Copies of the same have been sent to the three members of the Disciplinary Committee, including Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia, he said.
"Additionally, the e-mail copies have also been marked to BCCI president Shashank Manohar and secretary N Srinivasan," said Abdi, who is representing Modi before the Disciplinary Committee.
Though the Modi camp was to file these additional submissions by July 18, the date set out by the disciplinary committee, a delay of one day was caused by the indisposition of senior counsel Venkatesh Dhond, Abdi said.
"Now as per the schedule of the Disciplinary Committee, the BCCI will respond to these additional submissions by July 25. Thereafter, the issue of recusal as demanded by Lalit Modi shall be finally argued before the Disciplinary Committee in New Delhi on July 27," he said.
The additional submissions from Modi's side are supplementary to the demand of recusal put forth by him through his applications dated May 25, 2010 and July 6, 2010.
Modi, who is facing charges of financial irregularities, had asked for recusal of Amin and Jaitley from the panel as he contended they would be biased against him during the proceedings.
His petition for reconstitution of the panel was rejected by the Bombay High Court last week.
Modi Now Seeks Recusal of Amin, Jaitley
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli