A moderate intensity earthquake hit Srinagar and other parts of the Valley today, a senior government official said.
"The tremor measuring 5.4 on the Richter Scale was felt around 9:29 am throughout the Valley, including Srinagar," Coordinator Disaster Management Kashmir, Aamir Ali told PTI.
The epicentre of the earthquake was Hindukush in Afghanistan and the coordinates are 36.52 degree north and 71.04 degree east.
There were no immediate reports of any casualty or damage, he said.
This is the second time in a month that a tremor rocked the Valley. On October 11, an earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter Scale was felt here with the epicentre in Pakistan.
Moderate Earthquake Hits Kashmir Valley
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- A Day In Paradise: 'No One Needs A Bullet To Kill... A Stone Can Do It' - Fear Factor Grips Kashmir
- No Less Than A Virat Kohli, 15 Indian Sportspersons Who Defied Death To Win Hearts
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Now, Shashi Tharoor Says 'Demonising Modi Wrong'; Backs Jairam Ramesh, Singhvi
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- ED Searches Jet Airways Founder Naresh Goyal's Premises in Delhi, Mumbai
- Wing Commander Abhinandan Medically Fit, Begins Flying Again
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test, Day 2: Hazlewood, Cummins Leave England In Spot Of Bother
- Gavaskar Questions Ashwin's Axe
- Strict Restrictions Back In Kashmir After Posters Surface Calling For UN Office March
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP