Members of the Raj Thackeray-led MNS' film wing today disrupted shooting of the film Bbuddah, being produced by Amitabh Bachchan's AB Corp, citing violations of norms on inclusion of foreign artists.
"We are opposing the inclusion of around 40 foreign artists in the shoot without proper permissions and documents," MNS film wing chief Amey Khopkar told PTI, after the protest in Dadar area.
"The foreign artists are working for this film without work permits, proper visa and relevant documents," Khopkar said.
The concerned police station was not informed about their participation in the shoot, he said.
"MNS film wing will take up the issue and strongly oppose anyone violating the law," Khopkar said.
Meanwhile, police said that they were verifying documents of foreign artists following complaints by MNS that they did not have requisite work permits.
"The verification is on. So far no foreign artist has been brought to police station," said S R Unavane, senior police inspector at Shivaji Park police station.
MNS Stall Shooting of Big B-Starrer 'Bbuddah'
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'In My Blood, There May Be Answers': Covid-19 Survivor Donates Plasma To Heal The Sick
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'... Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Light Candles, Lamps On Sunday At 9 PM To End Darkness Of Coronavirus: PM
- Police Lodged FIR Against Hawkers, Shopkeepers In Nizamuddin, But Ignored Markaz Masjid Gathering
- Tablighi Jamaat Members Face NSA For Misbehaving With Nurses In UP Hospital
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Coronavirus: Migrant Workers Run Away From Quarantine Shelters In UP
- 'Just Feel-Good Moment By Photo-Op PM': Shashi Tharoor On Modi's Video Message On Coronavirus
- World Bank Approves $1 bn Funds For India To Tackle Covid-19 Outbreak
- Google To Publish User Location Data To Help 'Manage Coronavirus'
- Born During Lockdown, Raipur Twins Named 'Corona' And 'Covid'
- Modi Discusses COVID-19 Lockdown With Eminent Sports Personalities
- Global Coronavirus Cases Cross One Million, Death Toll Exceeds 51,000
- Nobody Knows When Football Can Resume: FIFA President Gianni Infantino