Andhra Pradesh MLAs, who quit in support of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, would meet state Assembly Speaker and Governor tomorrow to urge them to accept their resignations.
"The MLAs would meet Speaker and also Governor. We will tell the Governor about the attempts to defame late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy in the FIR (of CBI over its probe into cases related to Jagan). Though the Governor is not concerned with resignations, we would like to tell him about it," rebel Congress MLA P Subhash Chandra Bose, who too has submitted his resignation, told reporters after a meeting with Jagan here.
Twenty-six MLAs, including two from TDP and one from erstwhile Praja Rajyam, had resigned from their posts in protest against the alleged inclusion of Rajasekhara Reddy's name in the CBI's FIR.
Asserting that there is no threat to its government with the resignation of MLAs, the ruling Congress had said there was no need to persuade them to take back their resignations.
Alleging that the action of MLAs in support of Jagan amounted to supporting corruption, state Congress president Botsa Satyanarayana had asked the legislators to get their resignations accepted.
Meanwhile, Jagan, Lok Sabha member from Kadapa, is likely to go to Delhi tomorrow.
He is likely to meet leaders of different parties to tell them about the "politically-motivated" CBI probe.
MLAs Supporting Jagan to Meet Guv, Speaker
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Flu-like Symptoms? COVID-19 Or Not, This Is What You Should Do
- Covid-19 Testing Kits Limited, Centre's Help Welcome: Chattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel
- Odisha Becomes First State To Extend Lockdown Till April 30
- 7 Decades After Formation, Country's Premier Cultural Body Continues To Impart Indian Values To World
- The 1896 Bombay Plague: Lessons In What Not To Do
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Jharkhand Will Have To Pay Huge Price If We Are Not Medically Prepared: CM
- Doctor Who Treated Slum Dwellers Dies From Coronavirus In Indore
- 3 Arrested For Attacking Man Over 'Conspiracy To Spread Coronavirus'
- Aggressive Testing Is South Korea's Answer To COVID-19 Crisis
- Kashmir Hospital Returns 6 Ventilators To NGO Due To Lack Of Beds, Staff
- Not Wearing Mask Outside Home Can Now Attract Fine, Jail Term In Delhi
- Late NBA Legend Kobe Bryant's Latest Book To Debut Atop Best-Seller Lost
- Alleged Bookie Chawla’s Counsel To File Another Bail Plea After April 14