Young right-arm fast bowler Abhimanyu Mithun today replaced injured Praveen Kumar in India's Test squad for the upcoming four-match away series against Australia.
Mithun, who has played four Tests for India, the last in Barbados in May, has been added to the 17-man squad after Praveen was ruled out of the Test series in Australia with a fractured rib.
Mithun joins Umesh Yadav, Varun Aaron and Ishant Sharma in India's pace department for the Australia tour, with pacer spearhead Zaheer Khan selected provisionally, as he has to prove his fitness before the squad's departure.
The BCCI's All-India Senior Selection Committee which met here today also replaced pacer Yadav with Irfan Pathan for the last two ODIs against the West Indies to be played in Indore and Chennai on December 8 and 11 respectively.
Umesh's exclusion has been the only change in the current ODI team as the selectors have retained the rest of the squad for the remaining two matches against the Caribbean side, according to a statement issued by BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale.
Irfan, who has not played for India since 2009, drew the selectors attention by virtue of his impressive performance in this season's Ranji Trophy, in which he is the leading wicket-taker with 21 scalps.
The BCCI statement also said that Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Ishant Sharma, Pragyan Ojha, Yadav and reserve wicket-keeper Wriddhiman Saha, who are not part of the current ODI team against West Indies, will leave for Australia early on Thursday to acclimatise to the conditions.
The seven players will be accompanied by Evan Speechly (physiotherapist), Ramji Srinivasan (trainer), Amit Shah (massage therapist) and Raghavendra DVGI (attendant).
Indian team for last two ODIs against West Indies: Virender Sehwag (captain), Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Parthiv Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, R Vinay Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Varun Aaron, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Rahul Sharma, Abhimanyu Mithun.
Mithun Replaces Injured Praveen for Australia Test Tour
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Yadav Will Not Be Able To Campaign In Bihar Polls Despite Getting Bail
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%, Says Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Piyush Goyal Gets Additional Charge After Paswan's Death
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- 'BJP To Rule For 30-Years, If People Hang Vivekananda's Picture:' Biplab
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA