Taking exception to his government "not being involved" in the ceremony to mark the start of Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project, Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today said development programmes should not be politicised as it affects Centre-state relations.
Sonia Gandhi was scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project in Gauchar in the hilly district of Chamoli but cancelled her visit due to fever.
"I talked to the Prime Minister expressing my resentment for not involving Uttarakhand government in the Guachar ceremony," Khanduri told reporters.
In the absence of Gandhi, Defence Minister A K Antony and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi laid the foundation stone of the 125 km-long rail line project near the Gauchar airstrip.
Khanduri said such development programmes "should not be allowed to be politicised" and told the Prime Minister that "it would badly affect the centre-state relations".
The Chief Minister said he did not believe in taking false credit for any development scheme and asserted that he had too raised the issue related to rail project several times when he was member of the Lok Sabha in 1990s.
"Our colleague Bhagat Singh Koshiyari (former Chief Minister) also made lot of efforts for early sanction of the project as chairman of petition committe of Parliament," the BJP leader said.
The Chief Minister also took a dig on Congress saying a similar ceremony related to the Karanprayag project was performed in 1997 at Rishikesh. "After spending thosands of rupees, the project did not take off," Khanduri said.
"I strongly believe that such functions should be organised only when some concrete work plan is ready," Khanduri said.
Miffed Khanduri Complains to PM
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Mehbooba Freed: Govt Must Have Felt Shame, Says Daughter
- SRH Vs CSK: Chennai Beat Hyderabad To Revive Campaign
- Pushpam Priya Chaudhary: Taking On Bihar's Chanakyas
- IIT Aspirants Who Missed JEE Advanced Can Take Test In 2021
- China Again Claims It Does Not Recognise Ladakh, Arunachal
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Dhoni Hails CSK's Near-perfect Show
- NC Backs Farooq’s China Statement, Contest From Wuhan, Says BJP
- Mirzapur Season 2 Will Be Paisa Vasool: Ali Fazal
- Kullu Deities To Skip A Bleak Dussehra Amidst COVID Scare
- NHRC Lists Sex Workers As 'Women At Work'; Significant Step, Say Activists
- Hindu Students From Kashmir To Get 10% Relaxation In Admission Cut Off
- Resurgent Royals Seek Revenge Against Capitals
- Khushbu Sundar Asks 'How Can People Choose Congress If It Can't Choose Its Own Leader'