Taking exception to his government "not being involved" in the ceremony to mark the start of Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project, Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today said development programmes should not be politicised as it affects Centre-state relations.
Sonia Gandhi was scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project in Gauchar in the hilly district of Chamoli but cancelled her visit due to fever.
"I talked to the Prime Minister expressing my resentment for not involving Uttarakhand government in the Guachar ceremony," Khanduri told reporters.
In the absence of Gandhi, Defence Minister A K Antony and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi laid the foundation stone of the 125 km-long rail line project near the Gauchar airstrip.
Khanduri said such development programmes "should not be allowed to be politicised" and told the Prime Minister that "it would badly affect the centre-state relations".
The Chief Minister said he did not believe in taking false credit for any development scheme and asserted that he had too raised the issue related to rail project several times when he was member of the Lok Sabha in 1990s.
"Our colleague Bhagat Singh Koshiyari (former Chief Minister) also made lot of efforts for early sanction of the project as chairman of petition committe of Parliament," the BJP leader said.
The Chief Minister also took a dig on Congress saying a similar ceremony related to the Karanprayag project was performed in 1997 at Rishikesh. "After spending thosands of rupees, the project did not take off," Khanduri said.
"I strongly believe that such functions should be organised only when some concrete work plan is ready," Khanduri said.
Miffed Khanduri Complains to PM
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths