Taking exception to his government "not being involved" in the ceremony to mark the start of Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project, Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today said development programmes should not be politicised as it affects Centre-state relations.
Sonia Gandhi was scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the Rishikesh-Karanprayag rail project in Gauchar in the hilly district of Chamoli but cancelled her visit due to fever.
"I talked to the Prime Minister expressing my resentment for not involving Uttarakhand government in the Guachar ceremony," Khanduri told reporters.
In the absence of Gandhi, Defence Minister A K Antony and Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi laid the foundation stone of the 125 km-long rail line project near the Gauchar airstrip.
Khanduri said such development programmes "should not be allowed to be politicised" and told the Prime Minister that "it would badly affect the centre-state relations".
The Chief Minister said he did not believe in taking false credit for any development scheme and asserted that he had too raised the issue related to rail project several times when he was member of the Lok Sabha in 1990s.
"Our colleague Bhagat Singh Koshiyari (former Chief Minister) also made lot of efforts for early sanction of the project as chairman of petition committe of Parliament," the BJP leader said.
The Chief Minister also took a dig on Congress saying a similar ceremony related to the Karanprayag project was performed in 1997 at Rishikesh. "After spending thosands of rupees, the project did not take off," Khanduri said.
"I strongly believe that such functions should be organised only when some concrete work plan is ready," Khanduri said.
Miffed Khanduri Complains to PM
THE LATEST ISSUE
- I Am Twice Orphaned: Now By The Government In A Pandemic
- India’s Scale Tilts Towards Israel As Sufferings Of Palestinians Deepen
- Can A Person Get Re-Infected After Recovering From Covid?
- With Just 1.07 Lakh Doses, Staggered Jabs For 18-44 Age Group In Himachal
- 18 Elephants Die As Lightning Strikes In Assam’s Nagaon
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Govt Increases Gap Between Two Doses Of Covishield To 12-16 Weeks
- What Makes Some Vaccinated People More Prone To Covid-19 Than Others?
- Manipur BJP President S Tikendra Singh Dies Of Covid-19
- Polarisation Is Political Challenger’s Final Resort Before Elections
- Know Why Using Right Glassware Is Important While Mixing Your Drink
- Independent Music Doing Well As Labels Are Promoting It: Sonu Nigam
- Powar Is New Coach Of Women’s Team
- Tokyo-bound Race Walker Irfan Tests Positive