The release of Shahid Kapur-starrer 'Mausam', where the actor plays a fighter pilot, has been postponed by a week due to issues raised by the Indian Air Force.
"The film has been postponed to September 23 from September 16 due to two reasons - we had received only a conditional NOC from the IAF and Censor board had given U- certificate but they wanted to review the movie once again," the film's director Pankaj Kapur told reporters here.
"It was the question of IAF security, which was very important. We could not refuse as it was a matter of national security.
"They (IAF) wanted to make a correction in a 30-second sequence. The scene has not changed. It is only the tiny details that have been changed," he said, while praising IAF for their continuous support during the making of the movie.
IAF had raised objection to an action scene in the film and had held back the NoC until the changes were made.
"The scene had computer graphics and was not ready, hence we could not show it to IAF before. We got the clearance from IAF and censor board yesterday.
"Since the corrected print was not ready and we could not send it to our distributors abroad we have pushed the release of the film ahead. We wanted to release the movie world-wide on the same date," said Pankaj, who is making his directorial debut with the film.
Meanwhile, Shahid said he was happy that he had one week more to promote the film.
"We have got one more week to promote the movie abroad which we could not do earlier. We are looking at having a premier in London three days before release and also in Mumbai a day before the release," he said.
On whether he was frustrated with the postponement of the film, Shahid said, "I am anxious and excited but not frustrated. Everyone wants to see the movie on the date of release. Its an unfortunate incident."
"I am happy that no major release is lined-up. We are having a solo release. Every one would like to release their movie individually. It is a sensible thing," said Shahid, who was last seen in the much delayed 'Milenge Milenge'.
Actress Sonam Kapoor too echoed Shahid's views.
"I am happy that we have got one more week to promote the movie. It is okay... We have waited for long and it is just seven days more," she said.
'Mausam' Release Delayed by a Week After IAF Objects
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Live Updates: Arun Jaitley Cremated With Full State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- Replug | The Importance Of Being Arun Jaitley
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians, Had No Second Thoughts. But Now Govt Has Changed Everything.’
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Nothing More 'Anti-National' Than Shutting Down Of Democratic Rights In Kashmir: Priyanka Gandhi
- '..Our Voice Being Taken Away,': IAS Officer Hailed During Kerala Floods Quits
- Live Badminton Score, BWF World Championships: Sindhu Aims Maiden Gold v Okuhara
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan'
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test: Nathan Lyon Gets Dangerman Joe Root
- PM Modi Reveals How Bear Grylls Conversed With Him In Hindi In 'Man Vs Wild' Special Episode
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India