The release of Shahid Kapur-starrer 'Mausam', where the actor plays a fighter pilot, has been postponed by a week due to issues raised by the Indian Air Force.
"The film has been postponed to September 23 from September 16 due to two reasons - we had received only a conditional NOC from the IAF and Censor board had given U- certificate but they wanted to review the movie once again," the film's director Pankaj Kapur told reporters here.
"It was the question of IAF security, which was very important. We could not refuse as it was a matter of national security.
"They (IAF) wanted to make a correction in a 30-second sequence. The scene has not changed. It is only the tiny details that have been changed," he said, while praising IAF for their continuous support during the making of the movie.
IAF had raised objection to an action scene in the film and had held back the NoC until the changes were made.
"The scene had computer graphics and was not ready, hence we could not show it to IAF before. We got the clearance from IAF and censor board yesterday.
"Since the corrected print was not ready and we could not send it to our distributors abroad we have pushed the release of the film ahead. We wanted to release the movie world-wide on the same date," said Pankaj, who is making his directorial debut with the film.
Meanwhile, Shahid said he was happy that he had one week more to promote the film.
"We have got one more week to promote the movie abroad which we could not do earlier. We are looking at having a premier in London three days before release and also in Mumbai a day before the release," he said.
On whether he was frustrated with the postponement of the film, Shahid said, "I am anxious and excited but not frustrated. Everyone wants to see the movie on the date of release. Its an unfortunate incident."
"I am happy that no major release is lined-up. We are having a solo release. Every one would like to release their movie individually. It is a sensible thing," said Shahid, who was last seen in the much delayed 'Milenge Milenge'.
Actress Sonam Kapoor too echoed Shahid's views.
"I am happy that we have got one more week to promote the movie. It is okay... We have waited for long and it is just seven days more," she said.
'Mausam' Release Delayed by a Week After IAF Objects
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Minorities Were Deceived By Those Who Practiced Vote Bank Politics, Have To Win Their Trust': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi's Offer To Resign Rejected, Asked To Lead In 'Challenging Times'
- Opinion | Congress Should Think Beyond Gandhi Family, Reinvent Itself For Survival
- ICC CWC 2019, IND Vs NZ Warm-Up: India Playing A Chasing Game
- BJP Created Hindu-Muslim Divide During LS Polls, Election Commission Did Nothing, Says Mamata Banerjee
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- PM Modi's Popularity, Amit Shah's Political Management Reasons For LS Win: Shiv Sena
- Cow Vigilantes Thrash 2 Muslim Men, Woman For Allegedly Carrying Beef in Madhya Pradesh
- Gujarat CM Orders Fire Safety Audit Of Schools, Malls After Surat Fire
- Movie Review | Forget Politics, PM Biopic Tells How Dev Anand Influenced Modi To Take To Sanyas
- Anurag Kashyap Mentions Rape Threats To Daughter While Congratulating PM Modi
- #SiddhuQuitPolitics Trends On Twitter After Rahul Gandhi Loses From Amethi
- MP Congress Worker Shaves Head After Losing Bet To BJP Worker
- Once A Decorated Striker, Bhaichung Bhutia Yet To Dribble Past Political Opponents And Score