Non Stop India, penned by former BBC Journalist Mark Tully was launched here today.
Detailing about the book, Tully, who also authored No Full Stops in India, said he had extensively covered India over the last 20 years.
"I have mentioned many points in the book..But some of the important
ones include that people (in India) sometimes tend to ignore (societal)
problems that lie and most importantly, there is a need for good
governance in India," he said.
"I am not totally pessimistic in the book. What I fully believe is that India has got good potential (to grow)."
The book explains about the visit of the writer who has travelled across
the length and breadth of the country which includes visiting
Maoist-hit areas, problems faced by Dalits. The book has also mentioned
the growth of Tata Group and its Chairman Ratan Tata.
He also cautioned that "excessive secularism" was a danger to a country
like India and added that both "secularism" and "communalism" were used
as "political weapons".
Editor-in-Chief, The Hindu, N Ram, who launched the book, hailed Tully as the most "influential" writer in India and also abroad.
The book, published jointly by Penguin Books India and Madras Book Club,
is currently available at an introductory price of Rs 450.
Mark Tully's Book Non Stop India Launched
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Live Updates: Arun Jaitley Cremated With Full State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- Replug | The Importance Of Being Arun Jaitley
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians, Had No Second Thoughts. But Now Govt Has Changed Everything.’
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Nothing More 'Anti-National' Than Shutting Down Of Democratic Rights In Kashmir: Priyanka Gandhi
- '..Our Voice Being Taken Away,': IAS Officer Hailed During Kerala Floods Quits
- Live Badminton Score, BWF World Championships: Sindhu Aims Maiden Gold v Okuhara
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan'
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test: Root Gives ENG Hope; AUS Look To Retain The Urn
- PM Modi Reveals How Bear Grylls Conversed With Him In Hindi In 'Man Vs Wild' Special Episode
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India