Suspected Maoists blew up a railway line with powerful explosives near Urma station minutes before a local train was to pass in West Bengal's Purulia district today.
The police said they set it off by remote control device.
Railway sources said the blast on the Adra division of South Eastern railway, 25 km from here, was powerful enough to blow up the bogies.
GRP and RPF personnel rushed to the spot and cordoned off the area.
Train services were suspended since 10 am after the blast.
Meanwhile, an anonymous caller telephoned the BSNL office in Purulia claiming that a bomb was planted on the premises.
The office was searched by bomb squad for two hours but nothing was found.
Maoist Trigger Blast on Rail Track
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What To Expect From Today's Gupkar Meeting In Srinagar
- 31 People Dead In Rain-Related Incidents In Telangana, AP, Maharashtra
- India Wishes Her Beloved President Kalam On His 89th Birth Anniversary
- DC Rookie Pacer Tushar Deshpande Wins Kagiso Rabada's Praise
- The Lonely Trek To Kashmir's Peaks
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Turkey’s ‘Neo-Ottoman’ Vision For West Asia, Mediterranean
- JDS Leader HD Kumaraswmay Attacks Congress
- 'When We Return To Power, Will Put Back Sonia's Plaque At Tunnel'
- India Reports 67,708 New COVID-19 Cases, 680 Deaths In Last 24 Hours
- We Are Looking At Various Promotions To Attract Viewers: Sanjeev Bijli Of PVR
- Shotgun's Actor-Son Luv Sinha To Contest From Patna On Cong Ticket
- Nortje Bowls Fastest Delivery In IPL
- Misbah Steps Down As Pakistan Chief Selector, To Remain Head Coach