Mehraj-ur-Rehman, former husband of Sanjay Dutt's wife Manyata, was today sent to police custody till tomorrow on charges of sending obscene and threatening messages to actress Sambhavana Seth.
Mehraj, who was brought from Hyderabad on transit remand, was produced before the Bandra metropolitan magistrate today, which sent him to police custody till tomorrow.
Mehraj complained to the magistrate of harassment on the part of the Hyderabad police at the time of his arrest.
"The Hyderabad police demanded Rs five lakh from my parents failing which they would arrest me," Mehraj alleged.
The magistrate directed the suburban Versova police to record Mehraj's statement.
Seth had on November 21 lodged a complaint against Mehraj alleging that he had been sending her obscene messages and had threatened her with dire consequences if she approached the police.
This is not the first time Mehraj has been charged for sending obscene messages.
Earlier Bollywood actress Minissha Lambha had also filed a complaint against Mehraj for sending her lewd messages.
Manyata Dutt's Ex-husband Arrested
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- French Open: Novak Djokovic Reaches 14th Roland Garros Quarter-final