The North East Peoples' Organisation (NEPO) today asserted that Manipur government has every right to stop the leader of a "banned" organisation from entering the state.
"The NSCN(IM) is a banned organisation and the Naga ceasefire does not extend to Manipur. As such, the Manipur government or any other elected government cannot allow its chief T Muivah from entering the state", NEPO President Dr N Mohilal told reporters here.
Every individual definitely has the right to visit his native place and "Muivah, too, can go to his home at Ukhrul district of Manipur but not as the chief of a banned organisation", Mohilal said adding Manipur has every right to arrest Muivah if he enters the state as Secretary of NSCN(IM).
Mohilal appealed to the Centre to immediately intervene and normalise the situation arising of the road blockade by Naga organisations in the wake of Manipur's refusal to allow Muivah from entering the state.
"I also request both Assam and Mizoram governments to ensure movement of essential commodities through NH-53 and NH-150," he said and termed the situation in Manipur as 'very critical'.
Referring to the acute shortage of essential commodities, life saving drugs, food stuff and fuel in Manipur, he urged Naga organisations to lift the blockade immediately to ensure the age-old relation between Manipuris and Nagas did not turn bitter.
Manipur Govt Has Every Right to Stop Muivah : NEPO
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- Coronavirus Grows, As Do Questions: Will The Tokyo Olympics Open?