The North East Peoples' Organisation (NEPO) today asserted that Manipur government has every right to stop the leader of a "banned" organisation from entering the state.
"The NSCN(IM) is a banned organisation and the Naga ceasefire does not extend to Manipur. As such, the Manipur government or any other elected government cannot allow its chief T Muivah from entering the state", NEPO President Dr N Mohilal told reporters here.
Every individual definitely has the right to visit his native place and "Muivah, too, can go to his home at Ukhrul district of Manipur but not as the chief of a banned organisation", Mohilal said adding Manipur has every right to arrest Muivah if he enters the state as Secretary of NSCN(IM).
Mohilal appealed to the Centre to immediately intervene and normalise the situation arising of the road blockade by Naga organisations in the wake of Manipur's refusal to allow Muivah from entering the state.
"I also request both Assam and Mizoram governments to ensure movement of essential commodities through NH-53 and NH-150," he said and termed the situation in Manipur as 'very critical'.
Referring to the acute shortage of essential commodities, life saving drugs, food stuff and fuel in Manipur, he urged Naga organisations to lift the blockade immediately to ensure the age-old relation between Manipuris and Nagas did not turn bitter.
Manipur Govt Has Every Right to Stop Muivah : NEPO
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh
- Live, Windies v India, 1st Test, Day 1: Rahul, Rahane Revive IND
- 'Yeh Mauka Ka Khel Hai' - Sehwag Wants Rohit To Get Long Run In Tests