A 22-year-old youth, currently working as a labourer in Saudi Arabia, has been identified as the person who posted comments on a fake Facebook account threatening to blow up the Sanganer airport here today.
Aadil Khilji had allegedly made the fake account in the name of a woman, Afsana, on the popular social networking site and posted the comment on September 18 when he was in his hometown in Churu district, threatening a bomb blast at the international airport, SP Churu Omprakash told PTI tonight.
"Khilji used a mobile phone to post the content from his residence in Sardarshahar town in Churu district on September 18, and left for Saudi Arabia on the intervening night of September 23-24," the SP said.
"Initially, we did not find any strong motive behind this threat and it may have been a prank. However, anything conclusive can be said only after the investigation is over," he said.
Security agencies were alerted yesterday after they received information about the post. Security in and around the airport was tightened by CISF and local police.
During primary investigation yesterday, it was found that the Facebook account was operated from Churu following which local police was alerted.
The cyber crime cell today found evidences that the content was posted from a mobile phone from Sardarshahar area and identified the user.
"After collecting the evidences, we contacted his father Yousuf Khilji who is also in Saudi Arabia. He spoke to his son and later the boy, who is a Class VIII dropout, confessed that he had created the fake account and posted the content," the SP said, adding that a case has been registered against the accused under the IT Act.
Police sources said it was the first known case in the state where social networking site was misused for issuing such a threat.
Man Threatening Bomb Blast on Facebook Identified
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Meet The Sotheby's Of The Economic World: Nobel Laureates Paul Milgrom And Robert Wilson
- We Are Looking At Various Promotions To Attract Viewers: Sanjeev Bijli Of PVR
- In A First, Editor's Guild To Hold Elections For Post Of President, Secretary
- The Silence Of The Dalit Politician
- MS Dhoni Calls CSK Win Vs SRH 'Near-Perfect Show'
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Old Law Machine Seeks A New Engine
- Woman Who Accused Chinmayanand Of Sexual Abuse, Changes Statement
- Did Dhoni Intimidate Umpire Reiffel
- Trump's COVID-19 Policy Is Erratic Just Like His Presidency: Joe Biden
- Will Fight For Restoration Of Article 370 In J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- IIT Aspirants Who Missed JEE Advanced Can Take Test In 2021
- Resurgent Royals Seek Revenge Against Capitals
- Khushbu Asks 'How Can People Choose Cong If It Can't Choose Its Own Leader'