A 22-year-old youth, currently working as a labourer in Saudi Arabia, has been identified as the person who posted comments on a fake Facebook account threatening to blow up the Sanganer airport here today.
Aadil Khilji had allegedly made the fake account in the name of a woman, Afsana, on the popular social networking site and posted the comment on September 18 when he was in his hometown in Churu district, threatening a bomb blast at the international airport, SP Churu Omprakash told PTI tonight.
"Khilji used a mobile phone to post the content from his residence in Sardarshahar town in Churu district on September 18, and left for Saudi Arabia on the intervening night of September 23-24," the SP said.
"Initially, we did not find any strong motive behind this threat and it may have been a prank. However, anything conclusive can be said only after the investigation is over," he said.
Security agencies were alerted yesterday after they received information about the post. Security in and around the airport was tightened by CISF and local police.
During primary investigation yesterday, it was found that the Facebook account was operated from Churu following which local police was alerted.
The cyber crime cell today found evidences that the content was posted from a mobile phone from Sardarshahar area and identified the user.
"After collecting the evidences, we contacted his father Yousuf Khilji who is also in Saudi Arabia. He spoke to his son and later the boy, who is a Class VIII dropout, confessed that he had created the fake account and posted the content," the SP said, adding that a case has been registered against the accused under the IT Act.
Police sources said it was the first known case in the state where social networking site was misused for issuing such a threat.
Man Threatening Bomb Blast on Facebook Identified
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 Till Further Notice As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Likely To Take Oath As Madhya Pradesh CM Today
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Complete Lockdown In 19 States, UTs, Says Health Ministry
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- SC To Hear Urgent Matters Over Video-Conference
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown As People Continue To Step Outside
- Quarantine Stamped-people To be Arrested If Found In Public Places In Bengaluru
- Centre Asks States To Strictly Enforce Lockdown To Prevent COVID-19 Spread
- Fact Check: NASA Didn't Show COVID-19 Retreat In India Due To Clapping
- Coronavirus: Australia Pull Out Of 2020 Olympics
- COVID-19: Premier League, NBA, F1 – When Is Sport Aiming To Return?