Welcoming the "peace initiatives" of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee with Maoists, rights activist Binayak Sen today said the move should get support from all.
"Whatever peace initiatives have been taken by the chief minister with Maoists should receive support from all of us and I am hopeful this will provide a fundamental benefit to the society," Sen told PTI here.
He said he will be happy if the peace process becomes successful and "whatever support is relevant from our side, we'll be happy to render."
Earlier at a seminar here, the public health specialist alleged "state oppression" on the tribal population in some provinces and said "stable famine condition" had been prevailing in many tribal-dominated areas of the country where malnutrition and lack of health care were prevalent.
On Anna Hazare phenomenon, he said people's anger had been turned into a movement.
'Mamata's Peace Move with Maoists Welcomed'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP