Welcoming the "peace initiatives" of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee with Maoists, rights activist Binayak Sen today said the move should get support from all.
"Whatever peace initiatives have been taken by the chief minister with Maoists should receive support from all of us and I am hopeful this will provide a fundamental benefit to the society," Sen told PTI here.
He said he will be happy if the peace process becomes successful and "whatever support is relevant from our side, we'll be happy to render."
Earlier at a seminar here, the public health specialist alleged "state oppression" on the tribal population in some provinces and said "stable famine condition" had been prevailing in many tribal-dominated areas of the country where malnutrition and lack of health care were prevalent.
On Anna Hazare phenomenon, he said people's anger had been turned into a movement.
'Mamata's Peace Move with Maoists Welcomed'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Charting Congress Fortunes In Rajasthan: How Long Can Ashok Gehlot Keep Sachin Pilot Away From Hotseat?
- Eagerly Waiting To Start Duty, But No Honest Initiative From Mamata's End: Agitating Doctors
- India Imposes Higher Customs Duty On 28 US Products
- 'You Can Be A Hero': Arthur's 'Chak De' Speech To Fire Up Pakistan Before India Clash
- India Can Win If It's A 50-Over Game: Gavaskar
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- Death Of Jamal Khashoggi Is Very Painful Crime, Says Saudi Crown Prince
- Amarinder Singh Sends Delegation To Meghalaya After Sikhs Recieved 'Threats'
- Sunny Deol Visits Gurdaspur To Review Progress Of Work On Kartarpur Corridor
- Mamata Banerjee Dismisses MHA's Claims Of 'Poor' Law And Order In Bengal
- IND VS PAK: 'Our World Cup Is Not Finishing Tomorrow, Can't Think Like Fans' - Virat Kohli
- Enact Specific Laws To Protect Doctors, Medical Professionals: Harsh Vardhan Writes To All CMs
- Why Litchi May Not Be Responsible For Child Deaths In Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- In Gujarat, Seven Die After Inhaling Toxic Fumes While Cleaning Sewer