Accusing Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee of remaining silent on the 2G spectrum scam, the BJP today said she should resign as Railway Minister and dissociate from the UPA, if she was against corruption.
"Both the Congress and the Trinamool Congress support corruption. If the Trinamool Congress is against corruption, let Mamata Banerjee resign as Railway Minister and come out of the UPA," BJP General Secretary Vinay Katiyar told a press conference.
In reply to a question, he ruled out any possibility of his party's alliance with the Left following the latter's demand with the BJP for a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam.
Accusing the Leftists of serving the interests of China and Russia, he said, "We only happen to be demanding the JPC together. It doesn't mean an alliance. Sometimes, I tell my Communist friends that red, the colour of their flag, is the colour of Hanuman."
Pointing that neither the CPI(M), nor Trinamool Congress, could provide good governance in West Bengal, he said the BJP would work to become the deciding factor in forming the government in the state after next year's Assembly polls.
"CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress activists are having an identity crisis. This is leading to infiltration of criminals in these parties, resulting in violence all over the state," he said.
Katiyar said if his party was able to form the government in the state, it would bring about development and ensure law and order as it had done in other states where it was in power.
'Mamata Should Leave UPA if She is Against Corruption'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh