Accusing Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee of remaining silent on the 2G spectrum scam, the BJP today said she should resign as Railway Minister and dissociate from the UPA, if she was against corruption.
"Both the Congress and the Trinamool Congress support corruption. If the Trinamool Congress is against corruption, let Mamata Banerjee resign as Railway Minister and come out of the UPA," BJP General Secretary Vinay Katiyar told a press conference.
In reply to a question, he ruled out any possibility of his party's alliance with the Left following the latter's demand with the BJP for a JPC probe into the 2G spectrum scam.
Accusing the Leftists of serving the interests of China and Russia, he said, "We only happen to be demanding the JPC together. It doesn't mean an alliance. Sometimes, I tell my Communist friends that red, the colour of their flag, is the colour of Hanuman."
Pointing that neither the CPI(M), nor Trinamool Congress, could provide good governance in West Bengal, he said the BJP would work to become the deciding factor in forming the government in the state after next year's Assembly polls.
"CPI(M) and Trinamool Congress activists are having an identity crisis. This is leading to infiltration of criminals in these parties, resulting in violence all over the state," he said.
Katiyar said if his party was able to form the government in the state, it would bring about development and ensure law and order as it had done in other states where it was in power.
'Mamata Should Leave UPA if She is Against Corruption'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Communal Corona? Is It Justified To Blame Tablighi Jamaat For Nizamuddin Outbreak?
- Chemists Claim Shortage of Essential Medicines Due To Hoarding & Panic Buying
- Coronavirus: With 146 New Infections, Cases In India Climb to 1,397; Death Toll Reaches 35
- Is Coronavirus Sexually Transmitted And Other Questions People Want To Ask
- Tendulkar's 'Coronavirus' Diary: Unplugged Music, TV Serials And Lot Of Sleep
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- FIR Filed Against Tablighi Jamaat Maulana
- India Needs Aggressive Measures To Protect Marginalised In These Times
- Recession To Hit World Economy With Likely Exception Of India, China: UN
- Spain Sees Record Death Toll With 849 Fatalities In 24 Hours: Govt
- Another Leopard Spotted In Chandigarh, Cops Ask People To Stay Indoors
- Hit Void: Who Would Like To Wipe A Year In Sport From The Records?
- From Akshay-Salman To Janhvi-Sara Ali Khan, Corona Will Spare None
- With $2.7B Reserves, FIFA Has 'Duty' To Aid Football