Samajwadi Party leader Mohammad Azam Khan today said Shia cleric Kalbe Sadiq and former RSS chief K S Sudarshan should make their agenda public.
Sadiq, who is also Vice President of the All Indian Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), and Sudarshan had met here yesterday.
Reacting to the meeting of both leaders in which they discussed electoral reforms and appealed to people to vote for honest candidates irrespective of their castes and creed, Khan said "both of them should make their agenda public."
"What agenda has been decided between them? After the meeting it was said in place of a Muslim candidate with bad image, a Hindu should be given vote," he said.
Khan said such a view by a religious guru was not good for Muslims and added Sadiq should consider the fact that such a statement could help fascist forces ahead of assembly poll in Uttar Pradesh.
"I will also like to know the view of AIMPLB on the issue," he said.
Reacting sharply, Sadiq termed Azam as an irresponsible political leader and said harm to the Muslim community was not caused by the BJP or the Congress but by leaders like Azam.
"There is a basic difference between my and Azam Khan's thinking. I believe in sorting out issues with talks. I am ready to join hands with any person in the interest of the country be it former RSS chief or any other person. And such an ideology does not promote fascists," he said.
The two leaders met at the Unity College here yesterday after which they issued a joint statement in which they appealed to the electorate to vote for candidates regardless of caste and creed.
Terming price rise and corruption as the major problems confronting the country, both Sadiq and Sudershan asked the people to give these issues more credence over caste and other factors.
"A Hindu should be preferred in place of a Muslim candidate with bad image (in assembly poll)", Sadiq had said.
Make Your Agenda Public: Azam to Ex-RSS Chief
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- JEE-Advanced Results Announced, Pune Boy Chirag Falor Tops Exam
- Oppn's Misinformation On Farm Laws Amounts To Criminal Conduct: BJP
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal, BJP Demands CBI Inquiry
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- It’s Been A Very Interesting Journey: Donald Trump on Covid-19
- India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 66 Lakh-Mark
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat