Former ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair today favoured making public reports of two committees and a high-level team on the controversial Antrix-Devas deal.
"There is nothing related to defence or anything. So, better to put the whole document into public domain", Nair, who along with three other scientists has been barred from holding any government posts on the basis of the two reports, told PTI.
An internal committee under B N Suresh reviewed the deal. Last year, a high-powered committee, comprising B K Chaturvedi and Roddam Narasimha, reviewed the technical, commercial, procedural and financial aspects of the agreement.
Later in 2011, a five-member high-level team headed by former Central Vigilance Commissioner, Pratyush Sinha, examined the deal and identified acts of omission and commission by government officials.
Meanwhile, Nair expressed confidence that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would revoke the order against him and the three other scientists.
Nair said he told the Prime Minister in a letter that the order amounts to tarnishing the image of the reputed scientists.
He said the normal procedure is to give individuals an opportunity to explain if any panel comes out with any findings against them.
"If the explanation is not satisfactory, then only action is to be taken. It (the order) is a clear violation of procedures", he had said in the letter to the Prime Minister.
Nair said he is confident of a positive response from the Prime Minister. "I know him very well. I (as Secretary in the Department of Space) had the opportunity to work with him for almost six years. He has always been positive. I have great confidence that he will take right decision".
Asked if he is confident that the order would be revoked, he said: "Entire nation is supporting the idea. It (revoking of the order) should happen".
Make Panel Reports on Antrix-Devas Deal Public: Nair
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- RCB Vs DC LIVE: Delhi Lose Quick Wickets; 117/3 (14)
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- 2 CRPF Personnel Killed In Terrorist Attack In Kashmir’s Pampore
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- Delhi Riots: Umar Khalid Sent To 14 Days Judicial Custody
- AIIMS Report A 'Slap' On Those 'Defaming' Maharashtra: Minister
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Amit Mishra's Season Ends
- Cavani To Man Utd, Depay To Barca: Possible Transfer Deadline Day Deals