Former ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair today favoured making public reports of two committees and a high-level team on the controversial Antrix-Devas deal.
"There is nothing related to defence or anything. So, better to put the whole document into public domain", Nair, who along with three other scientists has been barred from holding any government posts on the basis of the two reports, told PTI.
An internal committee under B N Suresh reviewed the deal. Last year, a high-powered committee, comprising B K Chaturvedi and Roddam Narasimha, reviewed the technical, commercial, procedural and financial aspects of the agreement.
Later in 2011, a five-member high-level team headed by former Central Vigilance Commissioner, Pratyush Sinha, examined the deal and identified acts of omission and commission by government officials.
Meanwhile, Nair expressed confidence that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would revoke the order against him and the three other scientists.
Nair said he told the Prime Minister in a letter that the order amounts to tarnishing the image of the reputed scientists.
He said the normal procedure is to give individuals an opportunity to explain if any panel comes out with any findings against them.
"If the explanation is not satisfactory, then only action is to be taken. It (the order) is a clear violation of procedures", he had said in the letter to the Prime Minister.
Nair said he is confident of a positive response from the Prime Minister. "I know him very well. I (as Secretary in the Department of Space) had the opportunity to work with him for almost six years. He has always been positive. I have great confidence that he will take right decision".
Asked if he is confident that the order would be revoked, he said: "Entire nation is supporting the idea. It (revoking of the order) should happen".
Make Panel Reports on Antrix-Devas Deal Public: Nair
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Live Updates: Arun Jaitley's Funeral Procession Reaches Nigambodh Ghat, Cremation Shortly
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians, Had No Second Thoughts. But Now Govt Has Changed Everything.’
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Nothing More 'Anti-National' Than Shutting Down Of Democratic Rights In Kashmir: Priyanka Gandhi
- '..Our Voice Being Taken Away,': IAS Officer Hailed During Kerala Floods Quits
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan'
- I Am Disappointed With Myself: KL Rahul
- PM Modi Reveals How Bear Grylls Conversed With Him In Hindi In 'Man Vs Wild' Special Episode
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi Calls For Mass Movement Against Plastic Waste From October 2
- World Badminton: PV Sindhu, Kento Momota Eye Titles In Basel
- NASA Investigating First Crime Committed In Space: Report