Senior BJP leader from Maharashtra Gopinath Munde today ruled out joining Congress but hinted at his eagerness to fill the political space created by the demise of Congress heavyweight Vilasrao Deshmukh.
"The discussion about I am joining Congress is an off-shoot of a debate on the need to have a leader like Vilasrao Deshmukh for Maharashtra. A lot has gone into writing about it. Basically, in the writings they have said that I am the one who is of the stature of Deshmukh," he said.
"Maharashtra does need a leader like me. But it not for Congress but for my party to decide about it," the deputy Leader of BJP in Lok Sabha said.
On speculations over switching loyalties to Congress, Munde said, "A lot has been written about I am joining Congress or that party's offer to me as being a one sided love. It is indeed a one sided love though Congress has officially not given me any offer".
Maharashtra Needs a Leader Like Me: Munde
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Modi Brought India To Its Knees: Mahua Moitra
- Israeli Airstrikes Kill Family Of 10 In Gaza
- Which Covid Strain Causes Post-Vaccination Deaths?
- Are Hospitals Prescribing Unscientific Coronil To Covid Patients?
- Cyclone Tauktae Intensifies; Mumbai Likely To Receive Heavy Rain Today
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Mamata Banerjee: The Wonder Woman As The Masked Crusader
- Covid Patient Issued Death Certificate Later Found Sitting On Hospital Bed
- ‘Havan Yagya Can End Covid’: BJP Leader
- Govt, Public Dropped Guard After 1st Covid Wave: Mohan Bhagwat
- Should Covid Patients Take Remdesivir At Home? Here’s What Experts Say
- China Calls For UN Intervention For De-Escalation In Israel-Gaza, Slams US
- Italian Open: Djokovic Denies Spirited Sonego To Set Up Nadal Final
- Chelsea 0-1 Leicester City: Foxes Finally Claim FA Cup Glory